UH Student eligibility for U.S. Passport Reimbursement of the $110 passport application fee has changed effective June 25th, 2018.
Undergraduate and graduate students must be in the application process for a learning abroad program in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Eligible learning abroad programs may include, but are not limited to, faculty-led programs, reciprocal exchange programs, third-party affiliated provider programs, internship opportunities, research collaboratives, academic conferences, and co-curricular volunteer activities abroad.
Students graduating in the current semester in which they are applying are not eligible unless completing the learning abroad program within the current semester.
Students must be registered in UH main courses for the current term to be eligible.
- Students must apply at the U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility located in the Learning Abroad office on campus in order to be eligible for reimbursement. No exceptions will be made.
- Eligible students must complete all four of the forms below and submit with their application, regardless of current or prior employment status with UH.
- Please note that there is a mandatory Facility Execution Fee that will be charged to the student's PeopleSoft account, usually within 1 week of the date of application. This fee is not eligible for reimbursement.
- Information such as name, Social Security Number, and address match on all three forms.
- Passport for Coogs U.S. Passport Application Reimbursement Eligibility Form
- Vendor Setup Form - Must contain the applicant's information.
- Direct Deposit Form - Must contain the applicant's information and signature, regardless of whose bank account information is used for the reimbursement.
- W-9 - Must contain the applicant's information.
- To be eligible to receive reimbursement for passport renewals, the student's previous passport must be expired or have less than one year (365 days) of validity left at time of application.
Please contact us for further information.