The information provided below is for UH faculty and staff members who seek assistance in advising UH students on opportunities abroad as well as for faculty members wishing to develop faculty-led programs.
Learning Abroad Advising and Classroom Presentations
Our advisors are available to do classroom presentations ranging from 5 mintues to a full class session. We can present on program options for specific majors, locations, and terms, as well as funding opportunitie, including nationally competitive scholarships. If you would like to schedule a class visit, please contact our advisor, Maggie Mahoney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty-Led Program Proposal Process
UH Policy for Student Travel to U.S. Department of State Travel Warning Destinations
Travel Warning Destination Policy - UH has developed this policy for international activities in countries for which the U.S. Department of State has issued travel warnings. Students, faculty, and staff will need to consult the policy for specific details before making arrangements for university-sponsored travel.
- UH Procedures
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Procedures
Program Planning and Coordination
- Risk Management Resources
Incident Report Form
- To be completed by faculty member to report incidents that occur during a faculty-led program.
Other Faculty Opportunities
- Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
- Provides grants to support overseas projects in training, research, and curriculum development in modern foreign languages and area studies for teachers, students, and faculty engaged in a common endeavor. Projects may include short-term seminars, curriculum development, group research or study, or advanced intensive language programs.
Student Conduct Abroad Agreement
- While abroad, students are expected to follow all policies, rules, guidelines, and expectations as outlined in the Student Conduct Abroad Agreement
Academic Advisor Resources
- Click here for the presentation from the Learning Abroad Advisor Workshop, which was held in June 2017.