Learning Abroad Presentation Requests
Our staff are available to present about Learning Abroad in classroom visits ranging from 5 mintues to a full class session, as well as for student organizations, faculty and staff meetings, and other group presentations. We can present on program options for specific majors, locations, and terms, as well as funding opportunities, including nationally competitive scholarships.
If you would like to schedule a class visit, please fill out our Learning Abroad Presentation Request Form.
Faculty-Led/University Sponsored Program Proposal Process
- Learning Abroad Faculty-Led Program Development Timeline
- 2018-2019 Faculty-Led Program Proposal
Learning Abroad by the Numbers
- The “Learning Abroad by the Numbers” infographic tells our story—growth, goals and UH program participation abroad. Help us continue to grow and shape UH’s global footprint!
Learning Abroad Student Travel Policies
Travel Advisory Destination Policy - UH has developed this policy for international activities in countries for which the U.S. Department of State has issued travel advisories of Level 3 and Level 4. Students, faculty, and staff will need to consult the policy for specific details before making arrangements for university-sponsored travel.
UH University Sponsored Travel Authorization Request - UH does not allow University sponsored and/or Organized Programs Abroad to Level 3 ("Reconsider Travel") destinations unless authorization is granted by the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Travel Policy Acknowledgement for University Sponsored and/or Organized Travel - This form is required for UH students who choose to participate in a University Sponsored and/or Organized Learning Abroad program that takes place in a location with a Level 3 ("Reconsider Travel") Travel Advisory issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- UH Procedures
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Procedures
Program Planning and Coordination
- Risk Management Resources
Incident Report Form
- Access the Incident Report Form here. This form is to be completed by faculty member to report incidents that occur during a faculty-led program.
Additional Faculty Opportunities
- Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
- Provides grants to support overseas projects in training, research, and curriculum development in modern foreign languages and area studies for teachers, students, and faculty engaged in a common endeavor. Projects may include short-term seminars, curriculum development, group research or study, or advanced intensive language programs.
Student Conduct Abroad
- While abroad, students are expected to follow all policies, rules, guidelines, and expectations as outlined in the Student Conduct Abroad Agreement
Academic Advisor Resources
- Click here for the presentation from the Learning Abroad Advisor Workshop, which was held in June 2018.