The Learning Abroad office advances the goals of Global Strategies and Studies by offering undergraduate and graduate students unique, life changing, educational overseas experiences. It facilitates opportunities for students to participate in faculty-led, reciprocal exchange, and affiliated third party provider programs, as well as research collaboratives, interships, experiential and service learning, and volunteer activities.
A learning abroad advisor will help you find the best program for your needs, interests, and degree program
To request an appointment, send an email request to email@example.com
The U.S. Department of State issues Worldwide Travel Alert
The U.S. Department of State alerts American citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats. Current information suggests that ISIL/ISIS (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions. This Travel Alert expires on February 24, 2016.
U.S. citizens should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation. Exercise particular caution during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events. U.S. citizens should monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
U.S. citizens should:
- Follow the instructions of local authorities. Monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in touch with your family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
For further information:
- See the U.S. Department of State's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
International Education Fee Scholarship Deadline has passed for Fall 2015, Winter 2015-2016, and Spring 2016 programs.
All applicants will be contacted via email once award decisions have been made.
The application period for Summer 2016 and Fall 2016 programs will open in January 2016.
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: Pre-Departure Orientation
- Students should go if:
- This is their first time overseas
- This is their first time overseas on their own or for an extended period of time
- This is their first time in that particular region of the world
- Or if they want to brush up on travel, safety, packing, and other tips
- Student Center South, Bayou City (Rm. 219)
- Times TBA
- Students should go if:
|Follow Us on Instagram (@uh_learning_abroad)|