Honors Advising Week prepares you for Priority Registration for Fall 2016 that begins at 8 a.m. on April 1. You may book an appointment starting the week of March 21-25 with any of the advisors below. Honors advisors (Andy Little, Larry Lyke, and Rita Sirrieh) can advise students of all majors. You SHOULD bring to your appointment your Honors Advising Form and Class Schedule Grid.
First-year students, don't forget to consult the Human Situation Enrollment Info [updated Apr. 2016].
SGB's Scheduling Luau - March 28, 4-6 p.m. in the Honors Commons (RSVP online)
Appointments by Major
Student Services Office Advising ARC 151
Walk-Ins 9-12 PM, 2-4 PM
BUSINESS: BAUER HONORS
EDUCATION: Advising Information
HEP (Honors Engineering Program):
BIOE: BIOE Advising Center
CHEE: Patrick Cirino | Jacinta Conrad | Lars Grabow
CIVE: Bill Rixey
IE: Tom Chen
EE/ECE: Stuart Long
MECE: Ralph Metcalfe
PETE: Anne Sturm
*Honors Advisors can advise students of all majors
Natural Sciences and Mathematics:
NSM Undergraduate Advising Center
PRE-PHARMACY: Pre Pharmacy Advising Information
TECHNOLOGY: Carlo Deason
U Scholars: U Scholars students should choose a General Honors Advising option above.
All current Honors students should meet with an Honors advisor in the week preceeding priority registration. To ensure a successful advising experience, we recommend taking the following steps to prepare for priority registration.
• Download the Honors Coursebook when it becomes available.
• Read and review the General Registration information located in the front of the Coursebook.
• Sign up online for an advising appointment.
• Complete your proposed class schedule on the Honors Advising Form before you see your advisor.
• Log into your myUH account to verify that there are no holds on your record that would prevent your registration. You should do this before priority registration opens.
• Register for your classes via your myUH account. Priority appointments for Honors students are staggered throughout the day.
• Pay fees by mail before classes begin. Specific fee payment deadline information can be viewed at the UH Financial Aid Site.
Make sure the Honors College has your most recent permanent and local mailing addresses. An address update through the University does not automatically update your address with the Honors College. Please update your address using this form.
Please complete the Honors College Change of Status Form and turn it in to the Student Services office if:
- you are not participating in the upcoming registration cycle because you will be studying abroad or because you will not attend the University in the coming semester.
you are withdrawing from the University of Houston.
you are planning to continue studies at the University but discontinue studies in the Honors College.
Prior to registering for your final two (2) semesters, graduating seniors are required to make an appointment with an Honors College advisor. This appointment provides the student an opportunity to review their Honors College coursework and determine their Honors College graduation status. Students are strongly urged to make this appointment during the final semester of the junior year, or as soon as possible during the first semester of the final year.