Fellowships, Scholarships, and Prizes
Congratulations to our 2016 recipients!
Maria Elena Solino (Hispanic Studies) - Faculty Summer Fellowship - $4000
Natalia Milanesio (History) - Faculty Summer Fellowship - $4000
Amanda Baumle (Sociology) - WGSS Faculty Travel Grant - $500
Congratulations to 2016 recipients and thanks to all who applied!
All application material or essays should be submitted to the Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission directions are detailed below.
Applications for Summer 2017 awards are due Monday, March 20, 2017.
Submission instructions for all applications:
- Submit the application materials to email@example.com by the deadline. Materials should be submitted as a single PDF, arranged in the order listed, using the following naming convention: lastname_abbreviatedgrantname_year.pdf.
- In your email, please submit the name of one reference who has agreed to send supporting letters (when applicable) directly to WGSS by the deadline. Recommenders should send letters to the attention of the WGSS Scholarship Review Committee and email them as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 WGSS Faculty Summer Fellowship (Summer 2016) - $4,000
- WGSS Faculty Travel Grant - $500
WGSS Faculty Summer Fellowship - $4,000
- In support of summer work on a research project having to do with women, gender and/or sexuality.
- Must be UH faculty member. Preference may be given to those who have taught a course or courses cross-listed in Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies or to those who are members of the Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies Faculty Affiliates.
- A description (3 pages maximum) of summer project
- 2 letters of reference
- a list of any WGSS cross-listed courses you have taught.
- Please include in your description a sense of the length of the project (article, book, part thereof, etc.) as well as of your anticipated date of completion. Please note if you would use this money to support travel to an archive or other research site, though travel is not required.
- Combine all materials (excluding letters) in a single pdf and submit to email@example.com following the Submission Instructions outlined at the top of this page.
WGSS Faculty Travel Grant - $500
- For travel to a professional meeting/conference relevant to the recipient's research or teaching in WGSS. Payable as reimbursement of receipts for expenses or for purchase of ticket before travel. Travel must occur after May 15, 2017 and receive prior authorization.
- Open to full time UH faculty who have taught a WGSS cross-listed course, members of the WGSS Faculty Affiliate group, or graduate students with primary teaching responsibility for a course listed under WGSS.
- memo stating the name, date and location of the meeting and the role you will be playing there (paper presenter, panel chair, etc.)
- outline of a simple budget
- a description of how participation in this meeting will enhance your WGSS work.
- Combine all materials in a single pdf and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org following the Submission Instructions outlined at the top of this page.
Please contact the WGSS office for additional information or for applications.
Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program
Room 624 Agnes Arnold Hall
Past Winners - 2015 recipients!
Margot Backus (English) - Faculty Summer Fellowship - $4000
Eric Walther (History) - Faculty Summer Fellowship - $4000
Samantha Kwan (Sociology) - WGSS faculty travel grant - $500
Congratulations to 2015 recipients and thanks to all who applied!