Administrators and Staff
- Dr. Elizabeth Gregory, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dina Alsowayel, Associate Director, email@example.com
Dina Alsowayel is Associate Director of Women’s Studies at the University of Houston in Texas. She joined the University in 1998 as a post-doctoral fellow in Religious Studies. She received her M.A and PhD from Rice University in Political Science and her JD from University of Houston. Her B.A. is from Wellesley College. Alsowayel teaches a variety of courses in the History department, these include history of the Modern Middle East, State and Society in the Middle East, Women and Islam, A History of Islam, War in the Middle East and a History of the Palestine-Israeli Conflict. She also takes students to the Arab and Muslim world annually.
- Dr. Guillermo De Los Reyes, Associate Director GLBT Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Rachel Afi Quinn, Postdoctoral Fellow, email@example.com
Rachel Afi Quinn received her Ph.D. from the Program in American Culture at the University of Michigan in 2012. Her dissertation, "Aqui Hay una Mezcla: Dominican Women's Transnational Identities in Santo Domingo" is an interdisciplinary cultural studies project that looks at the impact of neoliberalism and US popular media on Dominican women 's self-conceptions. Her scholarship focuses on race, mixed race identities, gender, and sexuality in the African Diaspora and employs tools of transnational feminist theory, including ethnography and visual culture. Before graduate study, Dr. Quinn worked with California Newsreel in distributing documentary films on African American life and history and African feature films. She also led service learning trips abroad in Ghana, Ukraine, and El Salvador.
- Ayanna Mccloud, Program Director, Friends of Women's Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Enriquez, Advisor, WGSS@uh.edu
- Robyn Lyn, Advisor, WGSS@uh.edu
- Kim Howard, Director of Development, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, email@example.com
- Gayatri Joshi, Office Assistant