Special Populations - Special Education (M.Ed.)
This Online Master's Program in Special Populations with a Special Education Emphasis assists students to focus on obtaining the necessary capacity for working with students with disabilities.
This program also meets certification requirements to teach special education (EC-12) in the state of Texas.
Students who complete this emphasis:
- Understand, assess, and evaluate the needs of students with disabilities to make instructional decisions.
- Skillfully manage the teaching environment, including the use of assistive technology.
- Promote students’ educational, behavioral and social performance.
- Apply knowledge of transition issues and teaching across the lifespan.
- Engage the roles and responsibilities of the teaching profession.