Voice and Instrument Studies
Kids & Teens enrolled in piano, violin, viola, cello, and voice studies at the Community Arts Academy receive two weekly classes:
- Weekly private lesson with CAA Teaching Fellows with guidance from UH Moores School master faculty. Students may enroll in either 30-, 45-, or 60-minute lessons.
- Weekly Saturday group learning experiences, which include:
- Monthly performance classes with special guest teachers and supportive feedback from peers
- Monthly University Adventures that nourish curiosity and passion. Destinations include KUHF public TV and radio studios, the world class UH piano repair workshop, the UH college of Architecture, the UH Creative Writing Center, and other fascinating and inspiring places.
- Bi-monthly musicianship classes that improve music literacy, music composition skills, improvisation skills, and collaboration skills.
Adult music studies students receive a weekly private lesson, plus opportunities to participate in monthly performance salons, and 20% reduced tuition to one CAA seminar of the student's choice each semester.
All actively enrolled music students will receive free tickets to all UH Moores School of Music performances.