AN INTENSIVE ENSEMBLE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
June 18 - 23, 2023
Noe Marmolejo, Director
Students take classes in improvisation, theory and history, and participate in sectionals, instrument-based masterclasses and ensemble rehearsals. Led by University of Houston faculty and top Houston-area jazz musicians and educators, the institute culminates in a final concert on Friday night in the Moores Opera House.
- High school aged students entering 10th grade - college freshmen.
Completed application with non-refundable $40 application fee (payable by credit card through Acceptd) due by Monday, May 15, 2023.
Fees (all fees are non-refundable)
- Application fee: $40 (Due with completed application by May 15, 2023, payable by credit card only, through Acceptd. Checks or cash not accepted.)
- Registration: $350 (Due upon acceptance no later than June 5, payable by credit card only through Acceptd, limited scholarships available).
All activities take place at UH Moores School of Music
- Orientation/Part Auditions: Sunday, June 18, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Daily Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (NOTE: participants must bring own lunch Monday - Thursday. A BBQ lunch will be provided on June 23).
- Final Institute Concert: Friday, June 23, 7 p.m., Moores Opera House
- Glen Ackerman, bass
- David Caceres, saxophone
- Henry Darragh, piano
- Dennis Dotson, trumpet
- Arthur Gilligan, drums
- Bruce Melville, trombone
- Mike Wheeler, guitar
- Woody Witt, combo
For program information, contact Institute Director Noe Marmolejo: Phone 713-743-3191 or email:email@example.com
For administrative inquiries, contact the TMF Office: phone 713-743-3167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The health and safety of all TMF students, faculty, and on-campus guests are our primary concern. We will monitor the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic, following all university, city, and state guidelines.
University Visitor Protocols may be found HERE.