Please follow directions outlined in the UH Graduate School Application Instructions to apply for the M.A. in Arts Leadership Program. Application fees are listed on the College Graduate Fees page.
The M.A. in Arts Leadership Program follows the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts requirements for admission:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an overall 3.0 (B) average on the last 60 hours of course credit
- A completed Graduate Application form
- A statement of interest in and preparation for the program
This statement should outline your past education and professional experience as it relates to the Arts Leadership Program, your career objectives and why you feel you would be a strong candidate for the program.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- A resume of academic and work experience
- Official transcriptsfrom each college or university attended since high school sent in a sealed, signed envelop
- No GREs or other test scores are required
Applicants who are not citizens of the United States are considered international students by the University, regardless of residency or immigration status.
TOEFL: International students who have received their bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution inside the U.S. are not required to submit a TOEFL score. International students who have completed their bachelor’s degree outside the U.S. are required to have a minimum score of 550 on the paper TOEFL exam and the ITOEFL; and a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based exam to be considered for admission to the Arts Leadership Program.
- Spring 2021: November 1, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Domestic students only
- Fall 2020: May 1, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Domestic and international students
For current tuition rates, please see the Graduate Studies tuition page. Please note that we are a College of the Arts Professional Master’s Program.