The University of Houston has been selected by CNN and Telemundo as site-host of a Republican presidential primary candidates’ debate on February 25, 2016. As a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research institution, UH is committed to providing affordable and outstanding educational excellence to over 42,000 students. Hosting such an important public discussion about our country’s future – one that impacts our community locally, nationally and abroad – is precisely in line with our steadfast commitment to leadership and our ongoing academic pursuit of scientific, political and social discourse.
- February 16-26, 2016 – Early voting in Texas
- February 25, 2016 – Republican presidential primary debate on UH campus
- March 1, 2016 – “Super Tuesday” primary elections
Please check back frequently for event updates, to include:
- Venue location
- The debate will take place in the Moores Opera House at the Moores School of Music, beginning at 7:30 p.m. on February 25, 2016
- A Google Spin Room and Media Filing Center will be located in the Yeoman Fieldhouse
- CNN will be broadcasting on the UH Cullen Lawn February 24-26, 2016
Thank you for your interest in the upcoming debate. The University of Houston is acting as site-host for this private event. We are doing our best to provide students and others in the University of Houston community opportunities to participate in a variety of ways. We do not have debate tickets available for sale or distribution to the general public.