Attendant Care Services
The University of Houston operates one of a few personal care assistance programs nationwide at an institution of higher learning that is specifically structured to help physically-challenged students achieve their dream of a college education. The Attendant Care Services (ACS) assist physically-challenged students with the activities of daily living so they can live on campus independently while working toward their academic goal. Join us at the University of Houston and we will assist you in achieving your academic goal. Learn More »
Computers and Locations
The Justin Dart, Jr. Center for Students with DisABILITIES has two computer labs that registered students are free to use during hours of operation. Computers containing a wide range of hardware and software are also available in some of the testing rooms. A listing of the computer technology currently available at the Center follows:
- Adjustable work spaces and chairs
- Extra-wide work stations
- Privacy panels
- Zoom text
- Screen reader
- Speech recognition
- Hearing Helper FM Systems
- Sorenson VRS
- Everest Index Braille
- Head Tracking Mouse
For assistance, please contact Michael Henry, at (713) 743-5400 or email email@example.com.
NOTE: The University of Houston reserves the right to request additional or updated documentation, even after a student has been approved for an academic accommodation. It is the student's responsibility to submit requested documentation to the CSD. Documentation fees are borne by the student. Students may choose to utilize the professional resources available to them within the University (Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Health Center, and so forth).
How to Register with the CSD
- Obtain Disability Documentation Guidelines from CSD.
- Submit required documentation from qualified health care professional(s).
- Complete an intake appointment with a CSD counselor.
UH Student Services
Below are just a few of the many campus departments and organizations that provide a wide range of services and support to students:
- Challenger Program: The Challenger Program is designed to assist you in every way possible to complete a post-secondary education at the University of Houston. The program offers tutoring, counseling, academic instruction, financial aid advisement, and social enrichment.
- Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services: The Center for Students with DisABILITIES is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. Check out the other departments to see what is offered.
- Learning Support Services: Learning support programs and self-development activities designed to increase student academic performance and improve student retention. Individualized diagnostic, prescriptive, and instructive educational plans as well as group intervention programs are available. All services are free to currently enrolled students.
- Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic – provides evaluation and treatment services for speech, language and hearing disorders.
- University Eye Institute – provides comprehensive eye and vision examinations. Students, faculty, and staff receive fee reductions for primary examinations and optical materials.
- Veterans’ Service Office – provides counseling to assist student-veterans and benefits-eligible dependents in processing their educational benefits as well as personalized counseling on a wide variety of concerns.
Visit the Information for Current Students page for a list of all other services available at the University of Houston.
Other Helpful Information for Students
- Shell Sponsored Employment Presentation
- Instructions for Request for Individualized Testing Accommodations (RITA) - (PDF)
- Request for Individualized Testing Accommodations (RITA)
- Fax Request for Individualized Testing Accommodations (RITA)
- UH Disabled Parking Policy
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Center for Student Involvement
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees
- Courses and Enrollment
- Federal Student Aid
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Student Residential Life & Housing
- Student Organizations