Want more information?
Economic Impact of the Arts (ARLD 6395)
- Current students must register for this course for Summer 2023.
- Arts Leaders are tasked with demonstrating the impact of their work to a variety of stakeholders - from the community to funders to political leaders. Having a thorough understanding of the economic impact of the arts is crucial for long-term, sustained success.
- This course will examine various methods of impact reporting by consider case studies primarily focused on the arts festivals in Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh has established itself as the world's leading festival city. Each year a range of major festivals take place, bringing in talent from all over the globe to its streets and stages. These fesitvals have partnered together to demonstrate their impact in a thoughtful way.
Study Abroad Dates: July 31 - August 6, 2023
- Students will be responsible for arriving in Edinburgh on their own.
- It is recommended that you depart on July 30 to arrive in Edinburgh on July 31.
- This is not included in trip costs so students have flexibility to purchase the flights of their choice based on their personal budgets and schedule.
- Students will be staying at the University of Edinburgh in Pollock Halls.
- You can get a preview of where you are staying here.
- The total cost of the trip not including tuition fees: $1,345.
- If you would like a private, single room, there will be an additional cost of $449.
- This cost includes:
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- Bus pass for 7 days
- Breakfast for 7 days
- Daily planned itinerary
- Most festival events are free!
- This cost does NOT include:
- Tuition rates
- Lunch, dinner or snacks
Timeline for Payment
- March 1: $400 deposit is due and is refundable up until April 13
- April 14-May 25: $400 penalty, if trip is cancelled
- May 26: Remaining balance is due
- On or after May 26: Payment will not be refunded, if trip is cancelled
Missed the Study Abroad Interest Meeting on February 2? You can watch it HERE.