Printer Kiosk and Other Printers on Campus
There are times when having access to a printer can be a challenge. To address this, UIT provides a campus printer kiosk for students who need to quickly print a document from their laptop or remote desktop computer.
A printer kiosk is located in both the Student Center North and Technology Commons.
The printer kiosk accepts the Cougar Card as the only payment method. Cost per printed page is $0.02 for black and white and $.20 for Color.
UH students receive a print quota of $7.50 per semester. Any amount that exceeds this quota will be billed to the student's Cougar Card account.
Required Printer Drivers
To use the kiosk, at Student Center North and Tech Commons, students must first install printer drivers that can be downloaded from the UIT Software Download site. Click on your desired driver from the list provided. In the dialog box that appears, click Run to start the installation. If a security-warning box appears, click Run. When Package UIT Printer Kiosk Client Installer appears, click Install. After the installation, click Finish.
To view the printer you have installed, select Start -> Settings -> Printers and Faxes.
Printing to a Kiosk
Select Print from the File menu of your document. In the Print dialog box that appears, select kiosk printer. Click OK.
A password dialog box will appear. Enter your desired password and store it in a safe location as you will be prompted for it to release the print job from the printer kiosk.
Retrieve your print job at the kiosk. Print jobs are held in queue for 2 hours, after which they are automatically deleted.
Retrieving Your Print Job
To retrieve your print job from the printer:
- Touch the kiosk screen.
- Swipe your Cougar Card. (Charges to your account will appear.)
- Press Enter to view all print jobs in the queue.
- Touch your print job.
- Press Print.
- Enter the password you entered when you sent your job to the printer.
- Press [return].
- Press Exit.
Other Printers On Campus
College of Architecture
- Plotters and printers in COA lab. For architecture students only.
College of Engineering
- 3 BW printers in COE labs. For COE students only.
College of Pharmacy
- 2 printers in Pharmacy labs.
College of Technology
- 2 BW printers in COT labs. For COT students only.
Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- 2 printers for HRM students only.
Student Housing and Residential Life
The SHRL labs are locked and require Cougarcard of resident to open. If these SHRL printers need paper, please contact the Help Desk: 713-743-1411
- University Lofts. 1 BW printer in lab. University Lofts residents only.
- Cougar Village. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Village residents only.
- Moody Towers. 1 BW printer in lab. Moody Towers residents only.
- The Quad. 1 BW printer in lab. The Quad residents only.
- Bayou Oaks. 1 BW printer in lab. Bayou Oaks residents only.
- Cougar Village II. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Village residents only.
- Cougar Place. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Place residents only.