A fourth-generation Houstonian, Elizabeth Rockwell was a longtime friend and philanthropist of the University of Houston. Rockwell served as Executive Director, Private Client Division of CIBC Oppenheimer Corp., and was widely recognized as an expert in retirement, estate, investment, and tax planning. She died on Friday, Jan. 28, 2011.
Rockwell gained national recognition by contributing her expertise to the improvement of federal ERISA and IRA legislation and helping identify how institutions could easier follow IRA rules and regulations.
Rockwell served as President of the UH College of Business Administration Foundation Board, as a member of the Dean’s Advisory Board, and was an Executive Professor for the college. She also served as a member of the advisory board of the Health Law and Policy Institute and as a Trustee of the University of Houston System’s Foundation, as well as a member of the UH System’s Planned Giving Council.
Elizabeth attended public schools in Houston before attending Rice University and the University of Houston, where she majored in Business Administration and Accounting.
- Board of Governors for the Houston Forum
- Advisory Council of the Greater Houston Women’s Foundation
- UH Bauer College of Business Foundation
- UH Bauer College of Business Dean’s Advisory Board
- UH Cullen College of Engineering Leadership Board
- UH Law Center’s Health Law Policy Institute Board
- Center for Public Policy’s Board
- Finance Committee of the Houston Alumni Organization’s Board
- University of Houston Foundation Board
- American Red Cross
- Greater Houston Preservation Alliance
- Houston Community College Television Advisory Board
- UH Planned Giving Council
Membership & Listings
- River Oaks Business Women’s Exchange Club
- National Tax Sheltered Annuity Association
- Texas Association of College Teachers
- Houston Association of Life Underwriters
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest
- Who’s Who in finance and Industry
- Who’s Who of American Women
- Who’s Who in the World