The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) emphasizes flexibility, independence and inter-disciplinary study to accommodate the needs and research interests of students both from the U.S. and around the world. As a requirement of the doctoral program, students are expected to obtain experience in teaching and research. Graduate faculty will mentor the students in the classroom as well as in research settings.
The Hilton College is consistently rated among the top hospitality programs in the world, and has cultivated relationships with the industry’s top employers, organizations and associations. Our graduates continue to excel and open the doors for those who follow. The Ph.D. objectives are:
- To develop teaching skills for both undergraduate and graduate levels
- To disseminate information about the hospitality industry
- To develop theory and add knowledge to the field
- To identify problems through analysis
- To identify solutions from competing alternatives through quantitative and qualitative metrics
- To effectively communicate research outcomes
- To develop grantsmanship capabilities
For detailed instructions on specific admission requirements and the application process, click here. Applicants who have completed an M.S. in hotel and restaurant management or similar degree with an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4-point scale for their last degree will be considered.
Applications are available online at www.applyweb.com/uhouston.