The Moores School of Music supports a serious program of organ study; degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels in organ performance and sacred music and the prestigious Certificate in Organ Performance are offered. Beginning fall of 2017, all applicants will receive a free lesson with Daryl Robinson, Director of Organ Studies.
Organ Study Highlights:
- Award-winning, internationally recognized faculty
- Generous scholarships,up to full tuition, are available for organ majors at all levels, in addition to receiving the Texas resident tuition rate
- Internships available for undergraduate and graduate students with area churches, including Christ Church Cathedral (Episcopal) and Philip Presbyterian Church
- Degree recitals are performed on instruments by Beckerath, Pasi, Fritts, Noack, Aeolian-Skinner, and Nichols & Simpson
- Degree plans include emphasis on applied lessons, collaborative skills, choral conducting, organ literature, organ pedagogy, sacred music skills, improvisation, and advanced keyboard skills
- Houston is the fourth largest city in the US, with numerous opportunities for employment in local churches