Standard Support hardware products are ones that are widely used at UH and that must:
- meet the operating system software requirements as specified by the manufacturer,
- be included in UH's list of partner vendors (vendors with whom UH has Volume Purchase Agreements): Apple, Dell, Gateway, and HP,
- be models designed and intended for institutional or corporate useinstead of ones marketed for home use.
For these products, the ITSC has extensive skills, expertise and resources, and can provide in-depth assistance.
For information on UH's Volume Purchase Agreements for computers, use the links on the UH Purchasing web site.
Limited Support hardware products are ones that are less widely used at UH than the standard support hardware. Limited support is provided for Unix platforms and applications.
For these products, ITSC can provide basic troubleshooting assistance. However, for more complex issues, you will need to access other resources.
Areas Not Supported
- Items not specifically covered in the Software/Hardware Support Standards are not supported by the IT Support Center.
- ITSC does not support software or hardware that do not contribute to the academic, research, or administrative work of the university.
- ITSC does not make physical changes to computer hardware, such as installing Ethernet network cards, additional RAM, hard drives, etc.