Old Computing Equipment
If transferring the computer equipment to another department or to Property Management, there are some actions to take to on the computers and printers you are transferring to help protect your department and data.
- Delete the information and data files.
- Remove the IP addresses and recycle them.
- Delete the printer icons.
- Uninstall application software.
- It may be wise to reformat the hard drive.
- Remove your own and your department's identification, such as information on labels, pictures, and hard drive names.
- Leave on the UH property tags and the tags with the serial numbers.