|FOCUS: To provide essential information concerning the practice of communication within the organization. Topics include communicating with government and oversight bodies, barriers to effective communication and dealing with disagreement, conflict and groupthink. Improving oral and written communication skills will also be covered in this track.|
This track is intended for
- Public service employees who want to acquire this specialized knowledge and training and apply the best practices and theory to their management behaviors and strategies.
- Management professionals who want to expand their communication abilities.
- Administrative staff who want to become more effective communicators.
- Faculty who want to be better informed about the options available for their students.
- Students in the government or non-profit sectors who are interested in enhancing their skills and abilities needed to deal with "real-world" problems and situations.
Class attendance and participation, completion of outside readings and "homework exams", and completion of an applied research project and paper.Enroll Now