MANAGING FOR QUALITY
|FOCUS: To provide essential information concerning the practice of building quality into public and non-profit organizations.
Practices such as Re-engineering, Total Quality Management (TQM) and Strategic Planning will be explored in detail.
The course will also focus on how a systems approach can help public administrators to understand the way in which organizations can improve their operations.
This track is intended for
- Public service employees who want to acquire this specialized knowledge and training and apply the best practices and theory to their management behaviors and strategies.
- Managers who want to enhance their professional competencies.
- Administrative staff who want to become more familiar with aspects of management.
- Faculty who want to be better informed about the options available for their students.
- Students in the government or non-profit sectors who are interested in enhancing their skills and abilities needed to deal with "real-world" problems and situations.
Class attendance and participation, completion of outside readings and "homework exams", and completion of an applied research project and paper.Enroll Now