We design all of our student staff positions to not only assist UH undergraduate students—your peers—but also to include opportunities for our Peer Assistants to explore and develop interpersonal, professional, and leadership skills. In other words, our Peer Assistants will develop as budding professionals as they contribute to student success at the University of Houston.
Peer Assistants serve a variety of roles as staff, including but not limited to roles such as:
• Communicate the University of Houston's academic policies and standards to students.
• Introduce the Academic Planner to new students and assist students with module functionality.
• Communicate information regarding major and minor options to students.
• Communicate information regarding course pre-requisites to students.
• Communicate faculty expectations to students.
• Assist with communication between academic colleges and students.
• Assist colleges with day-to-day office responsibilities, including but not limited to: data entry, answering calls, filing, conducting research, and other duties as needed.
• Assist Academic College’s strategic planning for future terms.
Exploratory Studies Peer Assistants
Oluwamayowa Awojuyigbe | Major: Computer Engineering
Amarachi Okoro | Major: Accounting and Finance
Campbell Robinson | Major: Finance
CORE 1101 Peer Assistants
Ellie Alexander | Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Sydney Benefiel | Major: English
Luis Gonzalez | Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Mariah Holmes | Major: Finance
Rubayet Hridi | Major: Digital Media
Nadaa Koubaa | Major: Industrial Engineering
Bhumi Mehta | Major: Health
Andrea Overstreet | Major: Biology
Muqarrab Rashid | Major: Human Nutrition and Foods
Sara Ristic | Major: Chemistry