Office: PGH 624
Education: Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University, 1999
I am interested in a number of topics in applied mathematics. Most of these concern applications of the theory of deterministic and stochastic dynamical systems to problems in neuroscience, systems biology and evolution.
- D. Gutnisky and K. Josic. Generation of spatio-temporally correlated spike-trains and local- field potentials using a multivariate autoregressive process. To appear in Journal of Neurophys- iology (2010).
- E. Elhaik, D. Graur and K. Josic. Comparative testing of DNA segmentation algorithms using benchmark simulations. To appear in Molecular Biology and Evolution (2009).4. Y. Sun, B. Danila, K. Josic and K. E. Bassler. Improved community structure detection using a modified fine tuning strategy. Europhysics Letters 86, 28004 (2009).
- K. Josic, E. Shea-Brown, B. Doiron, and J. de la Rocha. Stimulus-dependent correlations and population codes. Neural Computation 21:10, 27742804 (2009).
- D. Nevozhay, R. Adams, K. Murphy, K. Josic and G. Balazsi, Negativeautoregulationlinearizes the dose response and suppresses the heterogeneity of gene expression. PNAS 106, 5123-5128 (2009).
- F. Marpeau, A. Barua and K. Josic. A finite volume method for stochastic integrate and fire models. Journal of Computational Neuroscience 26 445-57 (2009).
- K. Kelleher, V. Hajdik, K. Josic and C. Colbert. Learning by structural remodeling in a class of single cell models. Journal of Computational Neuroscience 25:2, 282295(2008).
- Y. Timofeeva, S.J. Cox, S. Coombes and K. Josic. Democratization in a passive dendritic tree: an analytical investigation. Journal of Computational Neuroscience 25:2, 228244 (2008).
- E. Shea-Brown, K. Josic, B. Doiron, and J. de la Rocha. Universal properties of correlation transfer in integrate-and-fire neurons. Physical Review Letters 100, 108102 (2008).
- Z. Bajzer, T. Carr, K. Josic, S.J. Russell, and D. Dingli. Modeling of cancer virotherapy with recombinant measles viruses. Journal of Theoretical Biology 252:1, 109122 (2008).
- J. de la Rocha, B. Doiron, E. Shea-Brown, K. Josic, and A. Reyes. Correlation between neural spike trains increases with firing rate, Nature 448, 802806 (2007).
Honors and Awards:
Odyssey Fellow Award, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas
Wilson Stone Award for Research Excellence, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas
Research Scholar, American Cancer Society
Organizations, Outreach, Boards, Memberships:
Member ,American Association of Cancer Research