Join the next generation of arts and entertainment leaders
MA in Arts Leadership
3333 Cullen Blvd. #120
Houston, TX 77204-4017
The newly established Master of Arts program in Arts Leadership in the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts at the University of Houston takes an entrepreneurial approach to preparing creative professionals to launch, administer and maintain arts organizations of all sizes.
Advanced Studies. The degree program provides advanced study in the management and promotions of arts organizations across artistic disciplines.
Flexible Schedule for Working Professionals. The arts leadership master's degree program is designed to accommodate students who are working professionals. Those who wish to continue full-time or part-time employment may complete this program within five years. All core courses are offered during evening hours.
Real World Experience. All students will be required to complete internships with established, professional, arts organizations in in the greater Houston area. They will have access - through guest lecturers, workshops and panels both in class, and in the community - to interact with local and national leaders of distinction in the fields of arts, entertainment and culture.
In the News
- Success Story: Practicum Paves the Way for MA in Arts Leadership Alumna
- Re-launch of Launch
- UH Program Elevates Artists to Another Stage
- Zeren ties sustainable ties in Texas
- Woven Magazine Spotlights CotA Graduate Student and Entrepreneur
- UH MA in Arts Leadership Student Preserving Houston’s Ephemeral Underground Music History
- Houston’s Performance Art Festival Really Wants Shia LaBeouf to Show Up
- Alyson Landry (M.A. ’16) Profile
- Tyler Kay Reichert (’16)
- Fleurette Fernando appointed Director of new Master of Arts in Arts Leadership Program
- Graduate Student Spotlight: Zachary Gresham, M.A. in Arts Leadership (CLASS Newsletter)
- Mastering the Art of Arts Leadership (University of Houston Magazine)
- University of Houston launches graduate program to train leaders in the arts (Culture Map)
- UH Center for Arts Leadership is Here. So, What Is It? (Glasstire)
- UH MA in Arts Leadership Program Holds Key to the City for Graduate Student