The CIS program at the College of Technology is the first university program to host an AWS GameDay Team Competition nationwide.
The cloudathon@UH is where you can showcase your architecture, A&D, configuration, operations cloud-based skills. The competition is designed for you to apply your practical skills and to learn and to interact with the AWS services.
Industry experts, AWS Enterprise and Solution Architects will provide advice during the competition. They will be available for you to ask questions and to interact with them helping you to solve the problem.
Teams composed of 5 students. Register by team or individually. If you register individually we will place you on a team.
Students will have the opportunity to attend workshops to prepare for the competition. Students of any level without the Cloud-based skills can contribute to the solution of the problem. They can work with design, architecture, reports or any other areas of the problem besides the implementation of the problem.
AWS experienced customers from the industry act as Advisors providing guidance and help to the teams during the competition.
First Prize: $1,500
Second Prize: $1,200
Third Prize: $1,000
All undergrad and grad students of all skill levels and majors welcomed
University of Houston
Student Center South – Ballroom
Friday, April 8th, 2022
8:30 AM – 6:00 PM CT
cloudathon@UH related events (Competition workshops, guest speakers, panels, career and advising, games, competition planning).
About the competition
The cloudathon@UH competition is an annual team competition to provide with industry relevant experience for cloud-based roles for college students. Over 30 universities and colleges are invited in the Texas and surrounding states region. Powered by the AWS platform, students will apply their cloud implementation and practical skills using the full services provided by AWS to solve current industry-level problems
- Participants will receive cloudathon@UH t-shirts
- Teams should have a minimum one laptop, recommended all team members have their laptops
- Top three (3) teams will receive prize award money and medals
- Special mention to three (3) teams in different categories
- Registration is free
- Analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing AWS infrastructure architectures
- Architecting and implementing secured systems and services in the AWS platform
- Provisioning and deployment of AWS-based infrastructures and systems
- Migrations, provisioning and deployment of AWS-based infrastructures and systems including cost analysis
- Management, automation and operations of infrastructure and applications in the AWS platform