Configure SSH Secure File Transfer
Note: If creating a new secure connection, follow the steps below. If modifying an existing connection to make it secure, select the existing connection and only make the changes necessary to make your connection match the examples below. Please note that the steps may differ slightly depending on the SFTP client software being used.
To access the SFTP service from an off-campus network, VPN login is required.
- From the File menu, select Profiles.
- Select Add Profile from the list.
- Enter a name for the new profile - giving it a name that will have meaning to you.
- Click Add to Profiles.
- From the File menu, select Profiles, then Edit Profiles.
- Select the new profile you created from the list of profiles.
- Enter the following values for a secure connection:
- Host name: sftp-web.uh.edu
- User name: your_userid
- Port number: 22
- Click OK.