July 21, 2022
"I am pleased to announce De’Awn Bunch will serve as the Marketing Manager for the Division of Student Affairs. In her role as the Marketing Manager, De’Awn’s responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the creation, planning, and execution of marketing initiatives that build awareness in regard to resources, services, and programs within the Division of Students Affairs;
- Coordinating Social Media outreach campaigns and updates;
- Developing an annual comprehensive marketing plan for the Division of Student Affairs in conjunction with the division’s Marketing and Communications Committee;
- Coordinating Division of Student Affairs advertising and media outreach;
- Coordinating the Division of Student Affairs website; and,
- Serving as a liaison with University Relations.
De’Awn will report directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor/Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, serve on the Division of Student Affairs Marketing and Communications committee, and participate in the Senior Leadership Team meetings. Her office will eventually be located in Oberhaltzer Hall with the Residence Life & Housing and Auxiliary Services marketing team. In the short term, you can reach De’Awn in the Office of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Student Affairs at 743-5390 and you can contact Patricia Magdaleno to schedule an appointment with her during her transition time into her new office space.
De’Awn is a graduate of the Goizueta Business School at Emory University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing and Communication and is a current master’s student at the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston. De’Awn has most recently served as a Multimedia & Marketing Consultant for Beaumont Enterprise where she developed initial launch plans and designed marketing/graphic packages for a new entertainment and nightlife magazine, managed over 20 retail and national accounts, provided needs analysis to determine and develop customized advertising packages, and supported national consultants, managers, and publishers with reporting, research projects, and presentations on emerging multimedia strategies and industry trends. De’Awn has also held positions with Lamar State College-Orange and Fleishman-Hillard, Inc. along with serving as an intern with the Houston Chronicle.
I will be asking Patricia to set up some initial meetings with a number of individuals across campus in the next few weeks so that De’Awn can learn more about your programs and services. In addition, please help me thank Lawrence Daniel and the entire search committee for their hard work, leadership and commitment."
All my best.