- Recommended open-source software:
- Check out Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution.
- Octave is a nice replacement of Matlab for a majority of basic applications.
- R is great for statistical analyses and has terrific visual capabilities.
- Gnuplot is a powerful plotting package and can be integrated with Fortran!
- Try Maxima for a solid substitute of Mathematica.
- Gimp is as good as Photoshop for basic and advanced image manipulation.
- My first website - created in 2001 to report a middle school physics project.