The College of Technology awards scholarships to students each academic year. The college awards scholarship money based on a number of factors including major, merit, need and leadership.
Scholarships for College of Technology Students
The scholarships deadline for all College of Technology scholarships offered for the 2017-2018 academic year has passed. Please see other opportunities below.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Tier One Scholarship
The Tier One Scholars Program recruits and engages high-caliber incoming freshman who can pursue academic excellence without financial limitations. Each scholarship provides four full years' tuition and covers the cost of on-campus living for two years. In addition, students are given stipends to pursue research and to study abroad. Eligibility requirements:
- All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
- If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
The deadline for this scholarship is November 15, 2017. To be eligible, an incoming student must complete both the Tier One Scholarship application and the application for admission to the University of Houston. For more information, visit the Tier One Scholars website.
Public Records Scholarship
In the United States, criminal records are part of the public record. This transparency in regards to criminal records is unique to the United States. Considering that the the United States allows criminal records to be a part of the public record, write a 1000-1200 word essay in response to the following question: How is allowing criminal records to be part of the public record a benefit to the United States?
The deadline for this scholarship is December 1, 2017.
- For more information, and details on how to apply visit the Public Records Scholarship page.
Addiction Awareness Scholarship
RehabCenter.Net is proud to award $10,000 in scholarships this year to three students who share their vision on the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse.
The deadline for this scholarship is December 22, 2017. Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate or undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in the U.S.
- Welcome to enter: U.S. citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. permanent residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Hatian entrants, Humanitarian parolees
- At least 18 years of age at time of entry
- For more information, and details on how to apply visit the Addiction Awareness Scholarship page.
The Sweet Flow Digital Marketing Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity provides the perfect channel to encourage young minds interested in digital marketing and many related industries. Students who are taking classes in Marketing, Business, Technology or Communications may be extremely interested in this scholarship program. Applicants are not required to have specific expertise in these subject areas, passion for digital marketing content creation is enough.
The deadline for this scholarship is December 31, 2017.
- For more information, and details on how to apply visit the The Sweet Flow Digital Marketing Scholarship page.