Refereed Journal Articles
(The underlined authors are my productive graduate students of whom I am very proud)
1. Shu, Y., Feng, Q., Liu, H., Using Degradation-with-Jump Measures to Estimate Life Characteristics. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 191:1-11, November 2019.
2. Nooshin Yousefi, Coit, D.W., Song, S., Feng, Q., Optimization of On-condition Thresholds for a System of Degrading Components with Competing Dependent Failure Processes, Reliability Engineering and System Safety. (Available online June 18 2019)
3. Hu, L., Zhou, M., Xiang, F., Feng, Q., Modeling and Recognition of Steel-Plate Surface Defects Based on a New Backward Boosting Algorithm, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 94(9-12): 4317-4328, February 2018.
4. Xiang, Y. Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., Zhu, Z., Condition-based Maintenance under Performance-based Contracting. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 111: 391-402, 2017.
5. Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Reliability Analysis and Condition-based Maintenance for Failure Processes under Degradation-Dependent Hard Failure Threshold. Quality and Reliability Engineering International. 33(7): 1351-1366, 2017.
6. M. Zhou, L. Kong, L. Xie, T. Fu, G. Jiang, Q. Feng, Design and Optimization of Non-circular Mortar Nozzles Using Finite Volume Method and Taguchi Method. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 90(9), 3543-3553, 2017.
7. Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Reliability Assessment of Dependent Competing Risks with Generalized Mixed Shock Model. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 159:1-11, 2017.
8. Shu, Y., Feng, Q., Kao, E., Liu, H., Levy Driven Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Processes for Degradation-Based Reliability Analysis. IIE Transactions, 48(11), 993-1003, 2016.
9. Feng, Q., Jiang, L., Coit, D.W., Reliability Analysis and Condition-based Maintenance of Systems with Dependent Degrading Components based on Thermodynamic Physics-of-Failure. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 86(1), 913-923, 2016.
10. Song, S., Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., Reliability Analysis of Multiple-Component Series Systems Subject to Hard and Soft Failures with Dependent Shock Effects. IIE Transactions, 48(8), 720-735, 2016.
11. Kheirkhah, P., Feng, Q., Travis, L.M., et. al, Prevalence, Predictors and Economic Consequences of No-shows, BMC Health Services Research, , 16(13): 1-6, 2016.
12. Shu, Y., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Life Distribution Analysis Based on Lévy Subordinators for Degradation with Random Jumps. Naval Research Logistics, 62(6):483-492, 2015.
13. Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Condition-Based Maintenance for Repairable Deteriorating Systems subject to Generalized Mixed Shock Model. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. (In Press)
14. Feng, Q., Rafiee, K., Keedy, E., Arab, A., Coit, D.W., Song, S., Reliability and Condition-Based Maintenance for Multi-Stent Systems with Stochastic Dependent Competing Risk Processes. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 80(9): 2027-2040, 2015.
15. Jiang, L., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Modeling Zoned Shock Effects on Stochastic Degradation in Dependent Failure Processes. IIE Transactions, 47(5):460-470, 2015.
16. Xiang, Y. Coit, D.W., Feng, Q. Accelerated Burn-in and Condition-based Maintenance for n-subpopulations subject to Stochastic Degradation. IIE Transactions, 46(10): 1093-1106, October 2014.
17. Arab, A., Feng, Q., Reliability Research on Micro- and Nano-electromechanical Systems: A Review. International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology,74(9): 1679-1690, October 2014.
18. Song, S., Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., Reliability for Systems of Degrading Components with Distinct Component Shock Sets. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 132:115-124, August 2014.
19. Rafiee, K., Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Reliability Modeling for Multiple Dependent Competing Failure Processes with Changing Degradation Rate. IIE Transactions, 46(5): 483-496, May 2014. (4th paper featured in the IE Magazine)
20. Peng, H., Feng, Q., Reliability Analysis for Degrading Systems with 100% Quality Inspection after Burn-in, International Journal of Business Analytics. 1(2): 34-48, April-June 2014.
21. Song, S, Coit, D.W., Feng, Q. and Peng, H., Reliability Analysis for Multi-Component Systems subject to Multiple Dependent Competing Failure Processes. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 63(1): 331-345, March 2014.
22. Keedy, E., Feng, Q., Reliability analysis and customized preventive maintenance policies for stents with stochastic dependent competing risk processes. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 62(4):887-897, December 2013.
23. Peng, H., Feng, Q., Reliability Modeling for Ultrathin Gate Oxides Subject to Logistic Degradation Processes with Random Onset Time. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 29(5): 709–718, July 2013.
24. Xiang, Y., Coit, D.W., Feng, Q., n-Subpopulations experiencing Stochastic Degradation: Reliability Modeling, Burn-in and Preventive Maintenance Optimization. IIE Transactions, 45(4): 391-408, April 2013.
25. Jiang, L., Feng, Q., and Coit, D.W., Reliability and Maintenance Modeling for Dependent Competing Failure Processes with Shifting Failure Thresholds. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 61(4):932-948, December 2012.
26. Keedy, E., Feng, Q., A Physics-of-Failure-Based Reliability and Maintenance Modeling Framework for Stent Deployment and Operation. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 103: 94-101, April 2012.
27. Peng, H., Coit, D.W., and Feng, Q., Component Reliability Criticality or Importance Metrics for Systems with Degrading Components. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 61(1): 4-12, March 2012.
28. Peng, H., Feng, Q. and Coit, D.W., Reliability and Maintenance Modeling for Systems Subject to Multiple Dependent Competing Failure Processes. IIE Transactions, 43(1): 12-22, 2011. (Featured in IE Magazine, December 2010; Most-Cited Articles 2010-2012 )
29. Tongdan Jin, Balaji Janamanchi, Feng, Q., Reliability Deployment in Distributed Manufacturing Chains via Closed-Loop Six-Sigma Methodology, International Journal of Production Economics. 130: 96-103, 2011.
30. Feng, Q., Peng, H. and Coit, D.W., A Degradation-Based Model for Joint Optimization of Burn-in, Quality Inspection and Maintenance: A Light Display Device Application. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 50(5): 801-808, 2010.
31. Feng, Q., Coit, D.W., Short Communication: Reliability Analysis for Multiple Dependent Failure Processes: An MEMS Application. International Journal of Performability Engineering, 6(1), 100-102, January 2010. (Invited Paper)
32. Feng, Q., Antony, J., Integrating DEA into Six Sigma Methodology for Measuring Health Service Efficiency. The Journal of Operational Research Society, 61(7), 1112-1121, 2010.
33. Feng, Q., Sahin, H., Karson, M., Bayesian Analysis Models for Aviation Baggage Screening. IIE Transactions, 41(11), 995-1006, 2009. (Featured in IE Magazine, October 2009)
34. Peng, H., Feng, Q., and Coit, D.W., Simultaneous Quality and Reliability Optimization for Microengines Subject to Degradation. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 58(1), 98-105, 2009.
35. Sahin, H., and Feng, Q., A Mathematical Framework for Sequential Passenger and Baggage Screening to Enhance Aviation Security. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 57(1), 148-155, 2009.
36. Feng, Q., Sahin, H., and Kapur, K.C., Designing Airport Checked-Baggage-Screening Strategies Considering System Capability and Reliability. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 94(2), 618-627, 2009.
37. Feng, Q., Kapur, K.C., Selection of Optimal Precision Levels and Specifications Considering Measurement Error. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 40(9), 960-970, 2009.
38. Feng, Q., Manuel, C.M., Under the Knife: a National Survey of Six Sigma Programs in U.S. Healthcare Organizations. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 21(6), 535-547, 2008. (Highly Commended Award Winner, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2009)
39. Feng, Q., An Integrated Method of Parameter Design and Tolerance Design for Multiple Criteria Systems. Special issue on “Computer Based Design and Manufacturing”, International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, 32(2), 118-127, 2008.
40. Feng, Q., On Determining Specifications and Selections of Alternative Technologies for Airport Checked-Baggage-Security Screening. Risk Analysis, 27(5), 1299-1310, Oct 2007.
41. Feng, Q. and Kapur, K.C., Economic Development of Specifications for 100% Inspection Based on Asymmetric Quality Loss Functions. IIE Transactions, 38(8), 659-669, 2006. (Featured in IE Magazine, August 2006)
42. Feng, Q. and Kapur, K.C., Economic Design of Specifications for 100% Inspection with Imperfect Measurement Systems. Quality Technology and Quantitative Management, 3(2), 127-144, 2006.
43. Feng, Q. and Kapur, K.C., Tolerance Design through Variance Transmission Equations. International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, 12(5), 413-438, 2005.
44. Kapur, K.C. and Feng, Q., Integrated Optimization Models and Strategies for the Improvement of the Six Sigma Process. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 1(2), 2005.
45. Ye, B., Feng, Q. and Liu, Z., Application of SQC in Automobile Assembling. Industrial Engineering and Management, 6(4), China, 2001.
46. Feng, Q. and Ye, B., Application of Statistical Quality Control in Assembly of Automobile Bolts. Automobile Technology, China, June 2000.
Recent Refereed Conference Proceedings
1. Shi, Y., Shu, Y. Feng, Q., Multi-dimensional Lévy Processes for Multiple Dependent Degradation Processes in Lifetime Analysis, Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, FL, May 19-23, 2018. (Finalist, DAIS Best Paper Competition)
2. Yin, S., Feng, Q., Liu, H., Laplace Expressions of Reliability Characteristics for Levy Subordinators-Based Degradation, Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Nashville, TN, May 30-June 2, 2015. (Runner-Up, QCRE Best Student Paper Competition)
3. Chatwattanasiri N, Coit, D., Feng, Q., Two-Stage Stochastic Algorithm for System Cost-Reliability and Maintenance Optimization Considering Uncertain Future Usage Scenarios, Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Montreal, Canada, May 31-June 3, 2014.
Feng Research Group