Fill-In-The Blanks for Weathering - Chapter 5
Position the cursor on the small box, click, type in your answer and push return. If you are correct, the answer is given in green. If you are wrong, the correct answer is given for you in red.
- Physical weathering involves a change in : of the material.
- With the exception of the common rock-forming silicates react to form clays or iron oxides.
- The most abundant minerals in sediments are the .
- Water and carbon dioxide react to form .
- A measure of the hyrdogen ion concentration in a solution is given by the
- A measure of the electrons in a solution is given by the .
- The red color of a shale reflects the presence of iron.
- The black color of a shale reflects the presence of matter.
- Decreasing grain size results in an increase in of the sediment.
- Sand sized particles range in diameter from 2mm to of a mm.
- The physical breakdown and chemical alteration of rocks and minerals on the surface of the Earth is called
- The removal of weathered material is called
- Naturally occurring surface materials that support plant life are called
- The process of two different rocks weathering at two different rates is called
- A soil derives it dark color from matter.