Certified Peer Educator (CPE) Training is the foundation for building our well-educated and sustainable University of Houston Cougar Peer Eductors.
It's Your Time To Be A Cougar Peer Educator
Interest Meeting on Friday, February 22nd at 1 pm!
Location: UH Wellness (CRWC 1038)
Applications are now being accepted!!!
Application Deadline March 8, 2019
Click the following link to apply.
We believe in CPE! It is important to know that although professionals and other faculty or staff can provide students with a wealth of knowledge and ideas around living healthy, it is the PEER, who can really have an impact.
- Who is CPE? – Cougar Peers Educators are learning more every semester about health and wellness issues, and how to educate UH students about how to make healthier choices and safer environments.
- How is CPE trained? – Students who are chosen each April will be enrolled in training program called the Certified Peer Educator Student Leadership Empowerment Training. Students will increase their leadership abilities, understand the basics of prevention, conduct educational programs and provide awareness on health and safety risks.
By being a member of CPE, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles of a peer educator and recognize the importance of peer-to-peer communication around health and wellness topics.
- Design and execute programs that seek to create change using the social change model.
- Model healthy behaviors to their peers that benefit their life.
If you would like members of CPE come present to you about health and wellness, please complete the request at the following link: Request a Presentation