At the University of Houston, you’ll find degree programs that will pave the way to the future you envision—whether you want to build the physical foundations of the future as an engineer or architect, shape young minds as an educator, or study how far humanity has already come as an anthropologist. Here are the areas of study available at UH, taught by world-renowned professors.
Don't Know Where To Start?
Freshman Majors with Additional Requirements - These majors have additional admissions requirements for freshman students. Please review our freshman majors with additional requirements to see what other criteria must be met for admittance into these majors.
Transfer Majors with Additional Requirements - These majors have additional admissions requirements for transfer students. Please review our transfer majors with additional requirements to see what other criteria must be met for admittance into these majors.
Online Program - These degree programs are also offered fully online.
*Some programs do not have a national ranking system.
*All new Environmental Design students should select Architecture as their major when applying.
- Art History
- Graphic Design
- Music Composition
- Music with Elective Studies
- Music Performance
- Music Theory
- Photography/Digital Media
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
All new students are admitted as Pre-Business. Once you complete the required University and business core classes, you're able to declare a specific major in business.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering (Katy Campus Only)
- Computer Engineering and Analytics (Katy Campus Only)
- Construction Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Systems Engineering (Katy Campus Only)
formerly the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- African American Studies
- American Sign Language Interpreting
- Chinese Studies
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Exercise Science
- Fitness and Sports
- Health Communication
- Human Nutrition and Foods
- Liberal Studies
- Media Production
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Sports Administration
- Strategic Communication
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- World Cultures and Literatures
- Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Honors Biomedical Sciences
- Mathematical Biology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Information Systems (Sugar Land Campus Only)
- Construction Management
- Digital Media
- Electrical Power Engineering Technology
- Human Resources Development
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (Sugar Land Campus Only)
- Retailing and Consumer Science
- Supply Chain and Logistics Technology
- Technology Leadership and Innovation Management
Exploratory Studies is a short-term preparatory major for students still considering their major options and for those admitted because they didn't meet the specific admissions requirements for their chosen majors. Student Success Advocates will help you make informed career decisions and complete your prerequisite preparation so you can apply to change majors as soon as you are eligible.
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
These are not majors, but if you choose a pre-professional track, your advisor will work to align your degree plan with prerequisite requirements for professional school.