E:90 Student Energy Video Competition: Energy Basics in 90 seconds
UH Energy is excited to announce the 2nd Annual E:90 Student Energy Video Competition!
This competition is open to all current University of Houston students. Participants must create a 90 second video based on an energy-related topic (sample topics provided below).
Winners will be announced at the Energy Banquet hosted by the Energy Coalition on April 10th at the UH Hilton.
Invitees will include climate engineering researchers, climate scientists, energy industry leaders, and experts in law, public policy, energy economics, ethics, philosophy, and risk analysis and communication.
The primary goal of the E-90 Competition is to educate about aspects of energy in an entertaining and creative way. We challenge UH students to create videos that explain a complex energy-related concept in an “edutaining” way.
- First Place$2,000
- Second Place$1,000
- Third Place$500
- People's Choice$500
- Participants must be students currently enrolled at UH.
- Videos can be created by individuals or groups of up to 4 students. Only one submission is allowed per student or team.
- Videos should not exceed 90 seconds in length (not including title screen).
- Videos may be created using any production technique (iPhone, digital video, etc) and in any genre (live action, musical, animation, etc)
- Videos must be original and unpublished works.
- Participants must obtain appropriate copyright authorization in advance on all clips, photos or music used.
- Assistance from professional videographers or professional editors is not allowed.
- Participants must agree that all videos submitted become the property of UH Energy and can be used for future promotional or educational purposes.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 E:90 VIDEO COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Create an amazing video!
All videos should begin with a 10 second “title screen” that includes the following information ( Note: Title screen is not included in the 90 second time limit ):
- Title of video
Submit your final video by 5pm on Friday, March 29th.
Videos can be submitted using EITHER of the following methods ( choose one):
OR YOU MAY
- Hand deliver your video on a flash drive to UH Energy Program Coordinator, Lauren Kibler, in the UH Energy office in Cullen 124AB. Flash drive must be in an envelope and must be clearly labeled with the following information:
- Title of video
- Name(s) of student creator(s)
- Email address (if submitting as a team, one primary contact person must be identified)
- Phone number
Any submissions that do not adhere to the specific guidelines provided above, do not have the 10 second title screen, exceed 90 seconds in length (not including title screen), or are received after 5pm on March 29th will not be considered. UH Energy is not responsible for videos that are not submitted or uploaded properly.
A panel of judges from UH, the energy industry and media will be looking for “edutaining” videos that are creative, entertaining and informative. Participants are encouraged to create videos that are engaging and tell an informative story. All videos will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Educational relevance: Video should be informative and provide relevant, accurate content
- Entertainment/Storytelling ability: Video should be engaging and tell a story that people want to watch
- Quality of video
Finalist videos will be screened at the Energy Banquet on April 10th
- TOPIC SUBMISSIONS DUE: FRIDAY, MARCH 15th
- FINAL VIDEO SUBMISSIONS DUE: FRIDAY, FRIDAY, MARCH 29th
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT ENERGY BANQUET: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10th