Dr. Yunpeng Zhang
Assistant Professor of Information System Security
College of Technolgy , Department of Information and Logistics TechnologyFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Physical Safety
- Data Science
- Artificail Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- Access Control
- Intrusion Detection
- Software Engineering
- Software testing and analysis
- Healthcare Informatics
- Human-Computer Interface Design
- Trusted Computing
May 2017, Best Presentation Award, Ben You, Yunpeng Zhang, Liang-Chieh Cheng, Review on Cybersecurity Risk Assessment and Evaluation and Their Approaches on Maritime Transportation, The 30th Annual Conference of International Chinese Transportation Professionals Association, May 19 ~ 21, 2017, Houston, TX, USA.
- Sept, 2010 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU (Northwestern Polytechnical University)
- Jan, 2010 The 3rd Courseware Award, Awarded by College of Software and Microelectronics, NPU
- Sept, 2009 The National Higher Education Achievement Award. Awarded by China National Ministry of Education (The highest Education award, once every four(4) years)
- June, 2008 The Prize of Excellent Teacher. Awarded by College of Software and Microelectronics, NPU
- Mar, 2008 Advanced Worker of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- June, 2007 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- June, 2006 The Outstanding Education Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- Sept, 2005 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- Sept, 2004 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- Sept, 2003 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
Recent PublicationsPeer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Mi Gan, Ai Yi, Zongping Li, Yunpeng Zhang, Daben Yu, et al., A Deep Learning Approach on Short-term Spatiotemporal Distribution Forecasting of Dockless Bike-sharing System, Neural Computing and Applications, Vol 31, Issue 5, May, 2019, Pages 1665-1677.
- Dong-Yang Nan, Wei Yu, Xiao Liu, Yun-Peng Zhang, Wei-Di Dai, A Framework of Community Detection Based on Individual Labels in Attribute Networks, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Volume 512, 15 December 2018, Pages 523-536.
- Yulei Sui, Hua Yan, Zheng Zheng, Yunpeng Zhang, Jingling Xue, Parallel Construction of interprocedural Memory SSA Form, Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 146, December 2018, Pages 186-195.
- Yunpeng Zhang, Xuqing Wu, Beibei Zhang, High Structural Coverage ABAC Policy Combination Testing Method Based on a Decision Inheritance Tree and Data Flow, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 34, Issue. 6, June 2018, pp. 3881-3890.
- Ouyang Wei, Xuefeng Xu, Yunpeng Zhang, Baijuan Yang, Qin Ye & Zhongliang Yang, Multi-Dimensional Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Method for Fingerprinting Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons and Their Alkyl-Homologs in Crude Oil, Analytical Letters, http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00032719.2017.1341905, Volume 51, Issue 4. 2018, pp. 483-495.
- Yunpeng Zhang, Junsheng Wu, Fan Yang, User-Centered Design and Evaluation, Posts & Telecom Press, Sept 2014, ISBN: 9787115366733
- Yunpeng Zhang, Modern Multimedia Technology and Its Application, Posts & Telecom Press, Mar 2014, ISBN:9787115344120
- Yunpeng Zhang, Jiejie Li, etc, Skilled in Program of Hacker Based on VB, Qi Lu, Electronic Audio-video Publishing House, 2009, ISBN:9787894621856
- Yunpeng Zhang, Yian Zhu, etc, Introduction of Computer System, Northwestern Polytechnical University Press, 2009, ISBN:9787561225325
- Yunpeng Zhang, Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic6.0, Enhanced Edition, Translation, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2007, ISBN:9787121042379
- Yunpeng Zhang, Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic6.0, Enhanced Edition, Reorganization, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2006, ISBN:7121034077
- Yunpeng Zhang, etc, Applied Cryptography and Network Security, InTech - Open Access Publisher, Mar 2012, ISBN: 9789535102182. (http://www.intechopen.com/books/statistics/applied-cryptography-and-network-security/research-on-dna-cryptography) Downloaded more than 4101 times (02/8/2021).
- Hu Liao, Yunpeng Zhang, Qinghong Yu, Exercise Instruction of Exams for Postgraduate Schools of Discrete Mathematics，Northwestern Polytechnical University Press, 2007, ISBN: 9787561222867
- Hu Liao, Qinghong Yu, Yunpeng Zhang, Discrete Mathematics, Northwestern Polytechnical University Press，2007，ISBN:9787561222546
- Yunpeng Zhang, Beibei Zhang, A Smart Building Monitoring and Managing System Based on Internet of Things, Num：2016100160048, 2016.01
- Yunpeng Zhang, Beibei Zhang, An Agricultural Intelligent Analysis and Monitoring System Based on Internet of Things, Num：2015110317239, 2015.12
- Yunpeng Zhang, Beibei Zhang, Real-Time and Telemedicine Medical Positioning Monitoring System Based on Internet of Things, Num：201410583754.4, 2014.11
- Yunpeng Zhang, Zhengjun Zhai, Huiqin Jiao, Yu Zhu, An Encryption Method of Test Data Based on S-Box and Chaos, Num：201010118947.4, 2010.3
- Yunpeng Zhang, Zhe Zhou, Haibing Yang, Yu Zhu, Wenjie Pan, Xinkui Zhao, Xiangbin Zhang, A Block Encryption Method Based on 3D Chaotic Arnold Maps, Num ： 200910219165.7, 2009.11
- Yunpeng Zhang, Fei Zuo, Zhengjun Zhai, Huiqin Jiao, A New Image Encryption Method Based on Multiple Chaos System, Num：200810150051.7, 2008.6
Grants and Funded Research
- Acquisition of an Advanced Traffic Management Systems for Cyber and Physical Security Research, UH High Priority Area Research Equipment Award, $48,600.00, April, 2020 – Oct, 2021. (PI, 100% Credit)
- Development and Enhancement of In Service Performance Evaluation (ISPE) Process for Roadside Safety Devices, Texas Department of Transportation flow thru from Federal Highway Administration, $249,695.00, July, 2019 – July, 2021. (UH side PI, $142,296.00, 100% Credit, TSU side PI: Dr. Fengxiang Qiao)
- Deep Learning Based Intrusion Detection Approaches for Advanced Traffic Management Systems, UH Data Science Institute, $29,876.00, Jan 15 2019 – Jan 14, 2020. (PI, 40% credit. Co-PI: Dr. Liang-Chieh Cheng and Dr. Jiming Peng)
- Towards a Security Framework for the Future Heterogeneous Internet of Things: A Pilot Study, College of Technology, UH, $9,999.00, Feb 2018-Jan 2019. (PI, 100% credit.)
- Blockchain-Enabled Digitized Value Chain for the next-gen e-Commerce, Fluor Corporation, Pasadena, TX, U.S.A., $7000.00, Dec 2017- May 2018. (co-PI, 50% credit, PI: Dr. Liang-Chieh Cheng, 50% credit.)
- Blockchain Innovations in Supply Chain, Department of Construction Management, UH. $5,400.00, Nov 2017-Feb 2018. (co-PI, 50% credit, PI: Dr. Liang-Chieh Cheng, 50% credit.)
- Multiple Workflow Systems Data Combing and Security Access Design, Segorobotics LLC, Houston, TX, U.S.A. $3,000.00, Aug 2017-Dec 2017. (PI, 100% credit.)
- High Risk Patient Behavior Data Analysis and HIPPA-based Secure Mobile App Development, $7,000.00, June 2017-Oct 2017, Graduate College of Social Work at UH. (PI, 100% credit.)
- New Method of DNA Encryption Based on Biological puzzle, New Faculty Funding, University of Houston, $6,000.00, Sept 2015-Aug 2016, (PI, 100% credit.)
- Research on New Cybersecurity Model and System, $29,988.00, Sept 2015-Aug 2016, University of Houston National Research University Fund. (PI, 100% credit.)
- Investigating the Security of TxDOT's Traffic Signal Systems, Texas Department of Transportation(TxDOT) Funding, TxDOT, $173,800.00, Sept 2016-Feb 2018, (PI) Selected (TXDOT will rearrange the research scope.)
- TTP: Small: Automated Conformance Testing of Access Control and Obligation Policies, NSF CNS1359590, $515,371 (including $15,600 REU supplement), Nov 2013 - August 2015. Dianxiang Xu (PI). (Research Associate). Boise State University
- RET Site: Cyber Security, NSF CNS1200648, $500,000.00, May 2013 - August 2013, Dianxiang Xu (PI). (Research Associate), Dakota State University.
- MRI: Acquisition of an Online Banking System for Information Assurance Research, NSF CNS1123220, $400,000.00, Jan 2013 – Oct 2013, Dianxiang Xu (PI), (Research Associate). Dakota State University