Dr. John Wolfe, Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cullen College of Engineering, Electrical & Computer EngineeringFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- High density electron beam addressed archival storage schemes
- Ion and neutral beam lithography
- Reactive ion etching
Abraham E. Dukler Distinguished Engineering Faculty Award-2007
- Roy, A., Craver, B., Ocola, L., and Wolfe, J. (2011). “Image noise in helium lithography,” Journ. Vac. Sci. Technol., vol 29, issue 4, pp. 041005-1-041005- 10.
- Parikh, D., Craver, B., Nounu, H., Fong, F., and Wolfe, J., (2008). “Nanoscale pattern definition on non-planar surfaces using ion beam proximity lithography and conformal, plasma-deposited resist,” Journ. Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 17, issue 3, pp. 735-740.
- Craver, B., Nounu, H., Wasson, J., and Wolfe, J. (2008). “Neutral particle proximity lithography: Non-contact nanoscale printing without charge-related artifacts,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, vol. 26, issue 6, pp. 1866-1870.
- B. Craver, A. Roy, H. Nounu, and J. C. Wolfe, (2007). “Mechanical nanostepping for atom beam lithography,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, vol. 25, issue 6, pp. 2192-2194.
- Guo, H., Craver, B., Reynolds, J., and Wolfe, J. (2007). “Design studies for a high brightness, energetic neutral atom source for proximity lithography,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, vol. 25, issue 6, pp. 2188-2191.
- Parekh, V., E C., Smith, D., Ruiz, A., Wolfe, J., Ruchhoeft, P., Svedberg, E., Khizroev, S., and Litvinov, D. (2006). "Fabrication of a High Anisotropy Nanoscale Patterned Magnetic Recording Medium For Data Storage Applications," Nanotechnology 17, issue 9, pp. 2079-2082.
- (Invited Review) Wolfe, J. C. and Craver, B., (2008). “Neutral Particle Lithography: A simple solution to charge related artefacts in ion beam proximity printing,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 41, pp. 024007-024018.
- Bhargava, M., Donner, W., Srivastava, A., and Wolfe, J. (2008). “Bragg diffraction, synchrotron x-ray reflectance, and x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy studies of low temperature plasma oxidation of native SiO2 on SOI”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B., vol. 26, issue 1, pp. 305-309.
For more publications, see faculty website above or CV below.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research
Alignment technique for masked ion beam lithography. Patent number: 5160845
- Sputtering method. Patent number: 5047394
- Magnetically enhanced RIE process and apparatus. Patent number: 4983253
- Device and method for manufacturing a particulate filter with regularly spaced micropores. Patent number: 8987688
- Energetic neutral particle lithographic apparatus and process. Patent number: 7504619
- Ion assisted deposition process including reactive source gassification. Patent number: 5415756
- Method for translating a structured beam of energetic particles across a substrate in template mask lithography. Patent number: 7883831
- Methods and devices for charged beam accessible data storage. Patent number: 4631704
- Method for manufacturing a multimodal neural probe. Patent number: 8661663
- Magnetically enhanced radio frequency reactive ion etching method and apparatus. Patent number: 5728261
- Method and apparatus for doping silicon wafers using a solid dopant source and rapid thermal processing. Patent number: 5550082
More research information in ResearchGate profile here.