Dr. Ahmed Senouci, Associate Professor of Construction Management, Coordinator of the Construction Management Undergraduate Program
College of Technology, Construction Management DepartmentFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Semiconductor materials
- Photonic/electronic devices
- Light-emitting diodes and laser diodes
- Photovoltaic solar cells
- Energy devices
- Paper entitled “Optimizing Post-disaster Reconstruction Planning for Damaged Transportation Networks” received the 2009 Best Journal Paper Award from the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (ASCE), April 2010.
- Project entitled “Wireless Sensors for Corrosion Detection of Post-Tensioned Tendons in Bridges” won the first prize in the UREP annual competition (QNRF), March 2012.
For more awards, see CV below.
- Abu Taqa, A.G., Abu Al-Rub, R. K., Senouci, A., Al-Nuaimi, N., and Bani-Hani, K.A. (2015). “The Effect of Fiber Geometry and Interfacial Properties on the Elastic Properties of Cementitious Nanocomposite Material”, Journal of Nanomaterials, Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 283579, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/283579.
- Abu Taqa, A.G., Abu Al-Rub, R. K., Senouci, A., Al-Nuaimi, N., and Bani-Hani, K.A. (2015). “The Effect of Interfacial Transition Zone Properties on the Elastic Properties of Cementitious Nanocomposite Materials”, Journal of Nanomaterials, Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 258384, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/258384.
- Abu Al-Rub, R., Kim, S., Bani-Hani, K,, Al-Nuaimi, R., and Senouci, A. (2015) “Finite Element Simulation of Single Carbon Nanotube Pull-outs from a Cementitious Nanocomposite Material using an Elastic-Plastic-Damage and Cohesive Surface Models”, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics, accepted for publication.
- El-Abbasy, M.S., Senouci, A., Zayed, T., and Mosleh, F. (2015). “A Condition Assessment Model for Oil and Gas Pipelines using Integrated Simulation and Analytic Network Process”, Journal of Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 263-281.
- Senouci, A., Mubarak, S. (2013). “Time-Profit Trade-Off of Construction Projects Under Extreme Weather Conditions”, Journal of Civil Engineering and Project Management, Vol.4, No.4, Online ISSN 2233-9582, http://dx.doi.org/10.6106/JCEPM.2014.4.4.033
- El-Abbasy, M.S., Senouci, A., Zayed, T., Mirahadi, F., and Parvizsedghy, L. (2014). “Unpiggable Oil And Gas Pipelines Condition Forecasting Models”, ASCE, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Published Online.
- Parvizsedghy, L., Senouci, A., Zayed, T., Mirahadi, F., and El-Abbasy, M.S. (2014). “Condition-Based Maintenance Decision Support System for Oil and Gas Pipelines”, Journal of Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Taylor and Francis Group, Published Online.
- El-Abbasy, M.S., Senouci, A., Zayed, T., Mirahadi, F., and Parvizsedghy, L. (2014). “Artificial Neural Network Models for Predicting Condition of Offshore Oil and Gas Pipelines”, Automation in Construction, Vol. 45, pp. 50- 65.
- El-Abbasy, M.S., Senouci, A., Zayed, T., Mirahadi, F., and Parvizsedghy, L. (2014). “Condition Prediction Models for Oil and Gas Pipelines Using Regression Analysis”, ASCE, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 140, No. 6.
- Senouci, A., El-Abbasy, M.S., and Zayed, T. (2014). “Fuzzy-Based Model for Predicting Failure of Oil Pipelines”, ASCE, Journal of Infrastructure Systems, Vol. 20, No. 4
For more publications, see CV below or google scholar profile here.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research
- Transportation and Economic Impact of Texas Shortline Railroads. Texas Department of Transportation. $148,282. 1 year (2015-2016).
- Rehabilitation of Deteriorated Concrete Infrastructure in Qatar using Shape Memory Alloys for Active Confinement. Qatar Foundation NPRP 6-666-2-278. $272,700. 3 years (2014-2017).
- Multiresolution Analysis of Dispersion and Interfacial Bond in Carbon Nanofiber/Nanotube Reinforced Concrete for Improved Strength and Fracture Toughness. Qatar Foundation NPRP04-1142-2-440. $901,101. 3 years (2011/2014).
- Technology-Based Asset Management Tools for Sustainable Water Infrastructure in Qatar. Qatar Foundation NPRP04-529-9-193. $669,043. 3 years (2011/2014).
- Sustainable Performance of Oil Pipelines. Qatar Foundation NPRP09-901-2-343. $644,256. 3 years (2010/2013).
- Impact of Environmental Policies on the Construction Industry in Qatar. Qatar Foundation NPRP09-717-2-274. $712,936. 3 years (2010/2013).
- Upgrading Waste Rubber-Tire Aggregates for Use in School Playgrounds and Tennis Courts. Qatar Foundation NPRP25-6-7-9. $601,000. 3 years (2010/2013).
- Structural Behavior of Self-Compacting Concrete Elements. Qatar Foundation UREP13- 084-2-031. $53,400. 1-year (2013/2014).
For more research information, see CV below.