UH Energy and CenterPoint Energy want to commission you to design a car for the 32nd Annual Houston Art Car Parade. Winners will create and build the design on a Nissan Leaf provided by the City of Houston and ride in the parade!
UH Energy will offer a student competition to find the winning design. Design concept should be easily linked to sustainability and/or electric cars.
The car provided will be an electric vehicle so the theme of the design challenge will be sustainability.
Theme and Requirements
- UH Energy, the City of Houston, and Centerpoint Energy’s partnership, EVolve Houston, should be incorporated in the design.
- The design should represent clean, sustainable transportation.
- The designs must be completely removable following the Parade and should cause no damage to the vehicle.
- The design will be created on a Nissan Leaf.
- Design budget must not exceed $2,500 for complete design and build-out.
March 4th Registration Closes
March 22nd Presentation of Designs 5:00, CBB 118
April 1st Car on Campus for Buildout
April 11th Art Car Parade Sneak Peak
April 13th Art Car Parade
- Create drawing using the templates provided.
- Create a visual presentation – include design and rationale.
- Prepare a budget of expected costs for design buildout.
- Present a timeline for buildout.
- Identify materials that will be used and suppliers on where materials can be sourced.
Rubric For Presentations:
Adherence To Theme