Dr. Su Su Wang, Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Director of CEAS
Cullen College of Engineering , Department of Mechanical EngineeringFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Solid Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering—Solid Mechanics, Composite Materials, Materials Science and Engineering
- Composite materials with applications to off-shore structures
2015 Best Paper Presentation, 2nd Global Well Cementing Conference, Houston, Texas.
2013 Abraham Duckler Award, Distinguished Professor, University of Houston Engineering Alumni Award.
- Member, International Scientific Committee, The 21th International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM-21), Xi’an, China, August 20-25, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, 3 American Society for Composites (ASC), Awarded in the 30th ASC Annual Technical Conference, East Lancing, MI., September 29, 2015.
- Member, International Scientific Committee, The 20th International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM-20), Copenhagen, Denmark, July 19-24, 2015.
- International Panelist, Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), Dublin, Ireland, for review of Marine Renewable Energy Ireland (MaREI) Research Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, November 12-14, 2015.
- Finalist, PI of 2010 NSF ERC Competition, National Science Foundation, Washington, D. C., (Proposal: “NSF ERC on Offshore Wind Energy”; Partner Universities: U. Massachusetts-Amherst, Texas A & M Univ., University of Texas-Austin, University of Puerto Rico, Delft University of Technology, Technical University of Denmark-Risoe, University of Oldenburg, Germany), November 3, 2010
- OTRC Honors Awards Offshore TechnologyResearch Center (OTRC) Texas A&M University and University of Texas-Austin, Houston, TX; November 1, 2000.
More awards on CV below.
- Eight books and over 200 technical articles in books and refereed journals, and more than 100 reports for NASA, ONR, AFML, AFOSR, Army, GRI, API and other federal governmental agencies and industries.
- Solid mechanics and material science and engineering, especially on mechanical behavior and mechanics of composite materials & structures, including polymer-, metal-, and ceramic-matrix composites. High-temperature mechanics and thermomechanical behavior of advanced composite materials.
- Ballistic material resistance and penetration mechanics of lightweight armorsystems.
- Composite structures and materials for deepwater petroleum exploration, production, processing, transportation and storage.
- Advanced materials and structures for renewable energy systems – large offshore and onshore wind turbines, electric energy transmission and storage systems.
- Tribology of advanced composites and polymeric materials for rotating and reciprocal machinery
For more publications, see CV below.
- None available.
Grants and Funded Research