Dr. Lori Hathon, Assistant Professor of Petroleum Engineering
Cullen College of Engineering, Department of Petroleum EngineeringFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Well logging
- Core analysis
- Reservoir quality analysis and predictive modeling
- Thermal maturity analysis
G. Ellsworth Huggins Doctoral Fellowship
University of Missouri Superior Graduate Achievement Award
AAPG A.I. Levorsen Award for Best Paper (with D.W. Houseknecht)
- Kultaransingh Hooghan, Mike Dixon, and Lori A Hathon, 2014. “Protocol for finalizing locations for FIB/SEM cubes on shale samples: general guidelines with upscaling in mind”, URTEC 2014, paper 1922784.
- Kultaransingh Hooghan, Mike Dixon, and Lori A Hathon, 2014. “How low can you go when imaging shales?”. SPE Workshop, Kyoto Japan
- Hathon. Lori, and Myers, Michael T., 2012. “Shale Rock Properties: Peak Strength, Acoustic Anisotropy and Rock Fabric”. ARMA 12-553.46th US Rock Mechanics Symposium, Chicago, 26-29 June 2012
- Myers, M.T. and Hathon, Lori A., 2012. “Staged Differential Effective Medium (SDEM) Models for Modeling the Influence of Vugs on Acoustic Velocity”. ARMA 12-553. 46th US Rock Mechanics Symposium, Chicago, 26-29 June 2012
- Hathon, Lori A., and Myers, Michael T., 2011. ”Prediction of Acoustic Properties from 2D digital images: Measurements, Sample Characterization and Modeling” SPE Workshop. From Image to Insight: How Can We Leverage Pore-Scale Observations Through Rock Physics Models - Invited Talk
- Myers, Michael T., and Hathon, Lori. A., 2011 “Prediction of Rock Properties in the GOM”, ARMA 11-353. 45th US Rock Mechanics Symposium, San Francisco, 26-29 June 2011. – Invited Talk
- Hathon, Lori A., and Myers, Michael T., 2011 “A Survey of the Production Time-Scale Compaction Behavior of Unconsolidated Sands”, ARMA 11-229. 45th US Rock Mechanics Symposium, San Francisco, 26-29 June
- Hathon, L.A., and Myers, Michael T., 2010 “Observations of Intrinsic Anisotropy in Varied Geologic Settings” AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, New Orleans, Louisiana, 11-14 April 2010
- Not available.
Grants and Funded Research
- Not available.