Diamond Family Scholars Program Student Eligibility
To be eligible for the Diamond Scholars Program applicant must:
- Have experienced time in foster care, is an orphan, and/or is a ward of the state.
- Be accepted to the University of Houston, preference for first-time in college freshmen.
- Be a Texas resident or be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Demonstrate financial need each year by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be seeking an undergraduate degree.
- Maintain full-time student status (currently 12 hours).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Agree to participate in the Diamond Scholars Program.
- Scholarship and program eligibility are NOT restricted by current age or current foster care or permanency status.