During Summer 2022 the Transfer Advising Program is only open for walk-in visits on Mondays and Fridays from 8am -4pm, but is closed during Orientation events. As such, We are CLOSED on MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2022.
Before making an appointment, you must know your desired major and its respective college.
- Don’t know what college your major is in? Check the list of majors by college.
Prepare for your Advising Session
- After scheduling your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with the appointment details.
- Please have a copy of your unofficial transcripts from all college-level institutions attended ready to provide the advisor.
- Read our Advising Syllabus, especially the last page concerning GPA calculation. All college-level courses, regardless if they were repeated, are counted in the determination of your UH Admissions GPA.
- We are currently offering phone and virtual appointments Monday-Friday. For in-person appointments, please refer to your intended major's advisor availability listed below.
- IF YOU ARE HEARING-IMPAIRED: Please first submit the UH Student Accessibility Center's Interpreting/Captioning Service Request. Then, reach out to TAP Program Director James Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your advising visit.
NOTE: If you were recently admitted for summer or fall 2022, you will meet with your major advisor after attending orientation. For more information, visit Admitted Students
|College of Business||Jennifer Bruner
|Virtual: Mon -Fri
In-Person: Tue & Thu
|College of Engineering
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
|College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Hobby School of Public Affairs
In-Person: Mon, Wed, Fri
|College of the Arts
College of Education
College of Global Hospitality Leadership
In-Person: Wed, Thu
|College of Technology||Kirk Petrash
|TAP Program Director||James Simpson
|College of Architecture||Prospective students should contact the Student Services Office (SSO) at email@example.com and 713-743-3463, or register to attend an Information Session.|
|Nursing or Pharmacy||Please contact the College of Nursing or College of Pharmacy|
|Graduate Programs||Please contact a graduate program advisor|
Parking and Directions
Please park at the Welcome Center Garage on the University of Houston main campus, then walk to our office in Cougar Village 1, Room N111. Learn more about garage parking rates