Master of Science in Cybersecurity
Recommended Course Sequence
The following is a list of courses required in the Master of Science in Cybersecurity degree with a recommended sequencing of course completion through two years (i.e., four semesters). To accommodate the next class of students admitted in the program, all courses scheduled for the Fall of Year 1 will also be scheduled for Fall of Year 2, as will be the case for courses scheduled in the Spring of Year 1 and Spring of Year 2. However, it is highly recommended that students adhere to the following course sequence. To accommodate students who start the program in the Spring semester, CIS 6321 and TEPM 6301 will be scheduled for both Fall and Spring semesters.
Required Courses (21 hours):
|Year 1||Year 2|
Prescribed Electives Options (9 hours):
- 3 Advisor Approved Electives (9 hours) -or-
- 2 Advisor Approved Electives (6 hours) + *Thesis or Project Track (3 hours)
Must be approved by the graduate faculty advisor prior to enrollment.
- CIS 6337 - Digital Forensics - Prerequisite: CIS 6321 or consent of graduate advisor.
- CIS 6347 - Advanced Digital Forensics - Prerequisite: CIS 6337.
- CIS 6355 - Application of Expert Systems - Prerequisite: Graduate standing & consent of instructor.
- CIS 6357 - Controls Systems Security - Prerequisite: CIS 6321
- CIS 6358 - Secure Software Design - Prerequisite: CIS 6321
- CIS 6359 - Penetration Testing - Prerequisite: CIS 6321, CIS 6322, CIS 6323
- CIS 6380 - Strategic Plan for Suprv - Prerequisite: Graduate standing and consent of instructor
- CIS 6390 - Current Topics in Information Security - Prerequisite: Graduate standing and consent of instructor.
- CIS 6391 - Cybersecurity Management Seminar - Prerequisite: TEPM 6301, CIS 6321, CIS 6322, and CIS 6323
- CIS 6396 - Internship in Information Security - Prerequisite: At least 12 hours in the MS/ISS program and prior written approval of the graduate faculty advisor.
- CIS 6397 - Special Topics
- CIS 6398 - Special Problems
- CIS 6321 must be taken first, before other security classes.
- CIS 6322 and 6323 can be taken in any order.
- CIS 6324 should be taken after 6322 and 6323 are completed.
- Security electives can be taken after 6321 and concurrently with 6322, 6323, and 6324.