The mission of the Department of Information and Logistics Technology at the University of Houston is to produce new ideas and knowledge within the fields of information, logistics, graphic communications, and leadership technology, and to educate highly capable and diverse technology leaders for the state of Texas, the nation, and the global community
Departmental Learning Objectives
To achieve its educational mission, graduates from the ILT department's programs will have acquired the six capabilities listed below.
Graduates will know or know how to:
- Acquire the basic and in-depth knowledge and skills required in their professions.
- Apply and refine their technological knowledge and skills in leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, teamwork processes, and project management to solve novel, ambiguous, and routine problems.
- Integrate their knowledge of technological, social, organizational, and value systems to improve the creation and application of technological solutions.
- Contribute to the improvement of their professions and society through the discovery, application, integration, and assessment of technological capability.
- Anticipate and fulfill their need for new knowledge and capabilities as their disciplines progress.
- Employ effective oral, written, graphic, and interpersonal modes of communication for expressing technical concepts to diverse audiences.