The eight (8) program outcomes presented below were developed in consistency with the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering Board of Accreditation (ATMAE) outcomes assessment accreditation model.
- Students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of biotechnology concepts.
- Students will possess the technical background knowledge needed to support biotechnology research activity.
- Students will possess hands-on technical skills necessary for supporting biotechnology research activity.
- Students will show understanding of their knowledge of industrial regulations and the regulatory environment in the biotechnology industry.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply research strategies to solve biotechnology problems.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with appropriate audiences with regard to field of biotechnology.
- Students will show understanding of management tools and concepts.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams.
Alignment of Biotechnology Program Learning Outcomes Mapped to Core BTEC Courses
|General Program Outcomes|
|BTEC 1322: Intro to Biotechnology||X|
|BTEC 2320: Biotechnology Regulatory Environment||X||X||X|
|BTEC 3321: Good Manufacturing Practices||X||X|
|BTEC 3100: Biotech Research Methods/Apps||X||X||X||X|
|BTEC 3301: Principles of Genomics/Proteomics and Bioinformatics||X||X||X||X|
|BTEC 4350: Capstone Experience||X||X||X|