Requests for Use of Equipment Owned by the College of Technology
- Who can reserve college equipment?
- What equipment can be reserved?
- When can equipment be checked out?
- Where can I use the equipment?
- How do I reserve equipment?
1. Who can reserve college equipment?
- Faculty - given highest priority - request equipment using the Technical Request Form at least 24 hours in advance.
- Students - needing equipment for class instruction should email the instructor the request which should then be entered by the instructor on the Technical Request Form, listing the student as the person picking up the equipment.
- Staff - given priority depending on the academic or administrative support needs. Request using the Technical Request Form.
Equipment is reserved on a first come first serve basis.
2. What equipment can be reserved?
Four (4) Dell Latitude E6400 laptops and six (6) projectors are available for checkout. They are picked up from and returned to Room 116 in the T2 building.
Additional accessories that may be requested include power strips, extension cords, and VGA cables. For the Cameron building, equipment checkout is handled through the main office (Room 110).
3. When can equipment be checked out?
Equipment can be checked out 15 minutes before the reservation time. Be sure to include the desired date(s) and time/duration for the check out in your requests. Normal check out is for a class period or partial day. We require at least 24-hour notice. You will receive an email stating the reservation is complete and may then pick the equipment up in T2 Room 116 shortly before the reserved time. Cameron equipment may be picked up from the main office (Room 110).
4. Where can I use the equipment?
College of Technology equipment is typically used in the Cameron, Technology 1, and Technology 2 buildings.
Other locations on campus are serviced by Classroom Technologies or the appropriate college or department. Classroom Technologies will deliver, set up and pick up the equipment reserved through them so they are often easier than carrying the equipment across campus and back. They also have equipment not available in the College of Technology such as slide projectors, film projectors, PA systems, CD players, microphones, audio mixers, audio tape recorders, record players, and camcorders. The classroom technologies staff will show you how to use any equipment you check out through them.
5. How do I reserve equipment?
Submit a request to reserve equipment with the Technical Request Form. Equipment not available at the college may be obtained from Technical Support Services (TSS) Classroom Technologies at 713-743-1155 or the TSS classroom support site. Please allow 24 hours advance reservation.