University Commencement for the College of Technology & The Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management
Friday May 14, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Please review the detailed information about the requirements for graduating.
Arrival Time & Location
The east side of the Indoor Practice Field (Next to the Stadium Parking Garage)
TDECU Stadium, Clear Bag Policy
TDECU Stadium enforces a clear bag policy to ensure safety for guests. Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted, and guests are strongly encouraged to not bring any bags to the facility.
The following items will be allowed inside Fertitta Center events:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches
- 1-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- A small clutch purse no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, with or without a handle or strap (These small clutches remain subject to search)
University Commencement Duration
The program itself will be approximately 1½ hours long.
Prices for UH Custom Student Keeper Gown Unit
- Bachelor Unit (Cap, gown, tassel*) $74.00 + Tax
- Master Unit (Cap, gown, tassel*, & hood**) $105.00 + Tax
- Honor Cords $14.50 + Tax (for Bachelor candidates only)
- Gratitude Stole $30.00 + Tax
*Bachelor tassels are maroon and Master tassels are black.
**Master Hoods are maroon.
Bookstore Graduation Website: http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_uh/
Students do not need to return regalia back to the bookstore. The regalia is yours to keep.
Invitations and Announcements
Students can order their personalized invitations from The Herff Jones Company online at www.herff-jones.com/college/uh.
If you have any questions regarding graduation regalia and/or graduation invitations, please call the UH Bookstore at 713-748-0923.
Undergraduates who are graduating with honors may purchase Honors Cords from the University Bookstore for approximately $14.50 plus tax. You do not need to take any verification of Honors awards to purchase the cords. (We are very sorry, but graduate students are not eligible for Honors.) The bookstore will have a verification list to check for honors.
Students to whom the Fall 2010 catalog applies should refer to the following Honors policy:
Undergraduate students who complete their degree requirements will graduate with the stated academic honors if they achieve the following grade point averages earned in the last fifty-four (54) hours (all of which must be A, B, C,. . . letter-grade courses) completed at the University of Houston. Grades of S, U, I and W are not assigned grade point values and are not used in the computation of the grade point average.
Honors Grade Point Averages
3.90 to 4.0 - Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors)
3.70 to 3.89 - Magna Cum Laude (with high honors)
3.50 to 3.69 - Cum Laude (with honors)
Cougar Spirit Cords and Cougar Grad Challenge
The Cougar Spirit Cord is a red and white honor cord that graduating Coogs wear at the university commencement. It demonstrates your pride and support for your university.
With a gift of $15 or more, you'll earn a Cougar Spirit Cord to wear at graduation. A symbol of your pride, gratitude, and a way to show support for a program that's made a difference in your UH experience, your Cougar Spirit Cord is also a way of leaving a legacy for students who will be returning to UH next semester. Beat the rush, make your gift here today.
The College of Technology has won two awards for the Cougar Grad Challenge:
- Spring 2013-Most Spirited College for the Cougar Grad Challenge
- Fall 2013-Third Highest Participation Rate for the Cougar Grad Challenge
* Please click here for information about ticketing and to claim your tickets: https://uh.edu/commencement/.
To maintain equity with all the graduates and keep the safety guidelines established by the venues, the following rules will be observed:
- Each graduate will need a ticket to enter into TDECU Stadium.
- Each graduate will be allowed up to four (4) guest tickets - no exceptions.
- All guests, regardless of age, will need a ticket. This includes infants and lap children.
- Once a ticket bar code is scanned at the venue entrance, duplicate bar codes will not be valid.
- You will need your People Soft number to access the ticket link. General admission gates will open at 9:00 a.m.
ATMs are located at Schroeder Gate 1 and ICON Gate 2.
The concession stands will be open and offering water, soft drinks, and snacks.
Public restrooms are conveniently located throughout TDECU stadium.
Umbrellas are prohibited inside the stadium. In case of inclement weather, rain ponchos are recommended.
EMS personnel will be onsite. If you have an emergency, please alert the nearest event staff person or usher for assistance.
If one or more of your guests has an impairment, special seating can be arranged for them. Please follow the instructions below to make sure your guests are taken care of:
- Make your ADA reservation request for special seating by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Please state the name(s) of the guests requiring special accommodations, the ceremony they will be attending and the nature of the impairment (mobility, hearing, sight) so we know where to place your guests.
- Only one (1) other person will be able to sit with the impaired person. The rest of your guests will sit in their assigned seats.
- Persons who have special seating reservations will need admission tickets, too. The tickets will come from the allotment that each graduate candidate receives.
- The deadline to reserve space for impaired guests is Monday, May 3.
There is significant construction on Cullen Boulevard; therefore, we are recommending that graduates and guests use Scott Street to reach the TDECU Stadium Garage.
The garage is located at 3875 Holman Street, Houston, TX 77004 (Holman Street off Scott Street).
Parking in the garage is complimentary.
Please allow enough time to get to the stadium and park.
Accessible parking is available on the first level of the stadium garage through the Visitor Entrance. Please display a valid handicap decal or hangtag.
The accessible entrance will be at Gate 4 on the north side of the stadium directly across from the garage.
The ADA reservation will be confirmed, and guests will be shown to their seats.
There is still time to make a reservation request for accessible seating. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 3.
Closed captioning and interpreters will be available for all ceremonies.
Gate 4 will be opened at 8:30 a.m. for guests with disabilities.
All restrooms are accessible.
While you are
Master graduates will wear their hoods for the processional.
Flash Photography will be the official photographer for our ceremony will be taking individual photos during the ceremony. Flash Photography will send the proofs to you so that you can decide if you want to order prints. The photographer will already have your mailing address. If you do not receive the proofs within 30 days of your commencement, please contact Flash Photography at 800.410.8070.
Registered CSD Students needing any additional services or have special requests must notify email@example.com at least 2 WEEKS prior to their scheduled university commencement.
If you have any questions, please contact College of Technology Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.