Overview of How to Change Your Major
Current UH undergraduate students seeking a change of major must request such a change using the online change of major form (see link below).
- This form is for undergraduate and postbaccalaureate students wishing to declare an undergraduate major in the College of Technology. If you wish to change your major or declare a major for a graduate degree, please contact the graduate advisor.
- This form is NOT for students declaring a double degree. Students who wish to declare a double degree must use a general petition form.
- All applicants for a change of major request must be in good academic standing at UH (not on probation or suspension).
How to officially change your major:
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID UH E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR YOUR REQUEST TO BE PROCESSED. Directions for activating UH email alias can be found here.
- After completing the form, you will be notified of its receipt at your UH e-mail alias of your approval or disapproval.
- Click this link for the online change of major form to begin.
If you have any difficulty with this application process, you may contact College of Technology Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of Major Policy/Procedure
Starting January 31, 2019 All students who are admitted to a College of Technology major or submit a request to change to a College of Technology major must enroll in at least one course each semester in approved coursework in the major.
Students not enrolled in College of Technology major coursework are encouraged to meet with an advisor to select an appropriate schedule and submit a request to change major after they have enrolled.
Any student who submits a change of major request must meet stated admission criteria and be enrolled in College of Technology coursework. Students who fail to meet both the admissions and enrollment criteria will be denied.
To sort the table below, click the header you wish to sort by.
|Major||Minimum GPA||Additional Requirements|
|Computer Engineering Technology||2.5||
|Computer Information Systems||2.5||Calculated over all College-level coursework attempted|
|Digital Media||2.0||And C or better in DIGM 1350|
|Electrical Power Engineering Technology||2.5||
|Human Resource Development||2.0|
|Mechanical Engineering Technology||2.5||
|Organizational Leadership and Supervision||2.0|
|Retailing and Consumer Science||2.0|
|Supply Chain and Logistics Technology||2.0|
For current UH students wishing to declare major