NVIDIA Workshop on Fundamental of Deep Learning (Posted in May 2022)
As the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) University Ambassador, I will deliver an eight-hour in-person Deep Learning workshop through UH HPE Data Science Insitute on June 10, 2022. Only 20 seats to UH students/faculty/staff, please sign up here: https://www.uh.edu/research/calendar/index?view=e&id=508778#event
USDA-funded Graduate Research Assistant Position (Posted in May 2022)
Two research assistant positions are open for US Department of Agriculture (USDA-NIFA) projects on automated mushroom harvesting and optimization. The required background is robotics, mechatronics, or manufacturing automation, with automation hardware and software development experience The preferred background include SolidWorks modeling, image processing, deep learning, NVIDIA GPU programming, and PLC.
Interested students please contact Dr. Weihang Zhu via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumes and unofficial transcripts.
The Computational Optimization and Smart Systems (COSS) Lab was established when Dr. Weihang Zhu moved from Lamar University to University of Houston in Fall 2018. The lab is located in T-120B and T-102B in the Central Campus and SAB1-314 in the Sugar Land Campus, co-located with the new labs in fabrication, additive manufacturing, mechatronics, robotics and automation.
News at University of Houston
- Dr. Zhu received the USDA grant #13424031 "Developing Automated Robotic System for Mushroom Harvesting" (PI Dr. Zhu, co-PI Drs. Benhaddou, Balan, and Merchant) in May 2022;
- Dr. Zhu was granted NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) University Ambassadorship in Feb 2022;
- Dr. Zhu was promoted to Full Professor in May 2021 at University of Houston;
- Dr. Zhu received the USDA grant #13111855 "IOT Based Smart Automated Mushroom Production System" (PI Dr. Balan, co-PI Drs. Benhaddou and Zhu) in May 2021;
- Dr. Zhu received the subaward grant from ABS/LU Maritime Safety Research in June 2020;
- Dr. Zhu received the NSF grant #1950036: UH-ACCESS Noyce Program in Mar 2020 (PI: Dr. Evans);
- Dr. Zhu received the Advanced Manufacturing Institute grant with PI Dr. Yu (ME) (Phase II) in Feb, 2020;
- Dr. Zhu received a NASEM grant #200011064 on Offshore Safety through collaborating with ABS (PD: Dr. McSweeney) and LU in Jan 2020;
- Dr. Zhu received the NSF grant #1855147: UH EEC-RET Site Program in Sept 2019;
- Dr. Zhu received the subaward grant from ABS/LU Maritime Safety Research in Aug 2019;
- Dr. Zhu received the Advanced Manufacturing Institute grant with PI Dr. Yu (ME) (Phase I) in Feb, 2019;
- Dr. Zhu joined University of Houston as a tenured Associate Professor in Aug 2018;
- Dr. Zhu was selected as University Scholar 2018, the highest research award at Lamar University;
- Dr. Zhu was promoted to Full Professor in May 2018 at Lamar University;
- Dr. Zhu received the NSF grant #1608886: LU EEC-RET Site Program;
- Dr. Zhu received three grants from Office of Undergraduate Research, Lamar University;
- Dr. Zhu received two grants from Gill Foundation about 3D Printing and Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality;
- Dr. Zhu received two grants from Center of Advances in Port Management;
- Dr. Zhu received the NSF Grant #1457880: SCOPE Scholarship Program;
- Dr. Zhu was selected as Distinguished Faculty Fellow 2015-2018 term at Lamar University (LU);
- Dr. Zhu served in 15 NSF panels since 2008 and 5 NIH panels since 2012;
- Surgical simulator developed by Dr Zhu with mySmartSim Inc.
- Dr. Zhu received the University Merit Award 2009 at Lamar University