The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018 has been released.
This bill authorizes FY2018 appropriations and sets forth policies for Department of Defense (DOD) programs and activities, including military personnel strengths.
The bill authorizes appropriations to DOD for:
- Procurement, including aircraft, missiles, weapons and tracked combat vehicles, ammunition, shipbuilding and conversion, space procurement and other procurement
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation
- Operation and Maintenance
- Working Capital Funds
- the Joint Urgent Operational Needs Fund
- Chemical Agents and Munitions Destruction
- Drug Interdiction and Counter-Drug Activities
- the Defense Inspector General
- the Defense Health Program
- the Armed Forces Retirement Home
- Overseas Contingency Operations
- Military Construction
Changes will affect future funding priorities for the Department of Defense and may affect upcoming grant announcements and existing research partnerships with DOD entities.
Visit the National Defense Authorization Act site